Korg Pa4X professional arranger, great for composing, recording and live performance. Seen here is the 61-key model of this incredibly powerful and comprehensive Korg workstation.
Flagship Professional Arranger – the Korg Pa4X
Much more than just a keyboard, the Korg Pa4X works as your backup band, personal sound engineer and musical director.
All the tools are here to compose, record and perform to the highest level while giving you full control. The Korg Pa4X is a shining example of why the Korg workstation is always so well received.
With the Korg Pa4x arranger, you have a full workstation that is your one-stop shop for composition, recording and even performing live.With decades of experience in keyboard workstation innovation, Korg have brought it all together to create the intuitive Pa4X.
Using an all-new EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis -Expanded) sound engine, the Korg Pa4X puts incredibly realistic, high quality and detailed sounds at your fingertips with a huge PCM resource that is over 10 times bigger than that of previous models. Korg’s proprietary DNC (Defined Nuance Control) gives you incredibly articulate solo instrument performance while collaborations with TC Helicon and Waves Audio have resulted in some amazing, cutting edge audio processing and vocal effects – all built in.
The Korg Pa4X also comes with a wealth of new instruments and drum kits as well as a comprehensive range of Styles, substantially expanding your composition and performance potential.
- 61 Semi-Weighted Keys with Velocity Sensitivity and Aftertouch
- Huge 7-Inch TouchView Display with Tilting System
- New EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded) Sound Engine
- Huge Internal ROM with Renewed PCM Database
- Up to 400MB of User PCM Data
- Over 1,500 Sounds Including GM and XG Sets
- 512 User Sound and 128 User Drumkit Locations with Full Editing Features
- Digital Drawbar Organ Sound Engine
- DNC (Defined Nuance Control) and Realtime Articulation with Three Assignable Switches, Four-Way Joystick and Ribbon Controller
- Sample Recording and Editing Features
- Import Common Audio Waveforms Including WAV, AIFF and SoundFont
- Over 500 Styles
- Guitar Mode 2 for Incredibly Realistic Guitar Parts
- Multiple Effects Processors with 142 Effect Types
- Waves MAXXAUDIO Mastering Suite
- TC Helicon Vocal Processing
- MicroSD Card Slot for Mass Storage and Data Protection
Packed with Style
Created by Korg’s own international sound team, the Korg Pa4X Professional Arranger features over 500 different Styles.
Styles are all encompassing musical environments designed to reproduce specific music genres giving you a fully realised musical stage from which to perform and compose.
Completely new Styles have been created for the Korg Pa4X which also sees the return of some popular Styles that have been revamped with newer sounds, improved effects and re-balanced mixing.
Along with drums, percussion and bass, each Style may provide up to five additional parts that follow along with your chord changes, voicings and tempo making the Korg Pa4X your own personal backing band and with 500 different Styles to choose from, you’re covered on pretty much any musical style you could wish to perform.
A range of new, in-depth parameters allow you to create professional level, rich and realistic guitar tracks within Guitar Mode 2.
You can also enhance the Styles using the four integrated Pads. Each Pad can be used to add a one-time or repeating riff, a percussion part, account sound or sound effect.
A Chord Sequencer function allows you to record and loop chord progressions with ease while in Style Play mode – great for freeing up your hand during live performances. You can even save your Chord Sequences as Style and SongBook entries for easy recall.
Furthermore, using the completely new built-in SMF (Standard MIDI File to Style converter), you can easily import MIDI files and convert them into a full Style on the Korg Pa4X to be recalled whenever you need it.
Studio Quality Effects with All New KAOSS FX
One great feature that Korg are well known for are their studio-quality effects and with the Korg Pa4x they have included some of the best in their library.
Accompaniment tracks can be augmented with 4 Insert and 3 Master effects while real-time keyboard tracks can benefit from 1 Insert and 2 Master effects.
The Korg Pa4X has over 140 effect types on hand, including a great choice of reverbs, delays, simulated vintage stomp box effects, simulated amps and cabinets and much more.
Each track can be adjusted with 3-band EQ and custom track EQ can even be memorised in Song Play mode.
These great quality effects are another example of the work produced from Korg’s fruitful collaboration with Waves Audio who are world leaders when it comes to studio mastering effects.
Additionally, with the Korg Pa4X operating system v2.0 you get access to completely new KAOSS FX, adding a whole new level of creative control over your sound.
Morph between Variations and Drum Kit types, fine mix accompaniment Sounds, reshape rhythms on the fly, bring in some huge note-crunching or incorporate tape delay and arpeggio effects to really change things up.
What’s more, the KAOSS FX are all available for use when you’re recording so they can all be saved in your projects in MIDI or MP3 formats.
KORG’s celebrated collaboration with vocal harmony leaders, TC-Helicon, continues with their incredible work on the Pa4X.
With the TC Helicon Voice you can get truly professional level audio quality with up to 4 realistic harmony voices which can all be controlled with the keyboard or by using MIDI events.
The vocal effects are extensive, including Double, µMod, Reverb, Delay, HardTune, Pitch Correction and Filter along with Compressor, EQ, Gate and more.
Dedicated knobs and buttons allowing for intuitive control over all the key Voice Processor functions and are available on the top panel for easy access.
Exclusive to Korg is the Adaptive Mic Setting which monitors the input signal and automatically adjusts parameters such as EQ, Compression and the De-Esser, to give you incredible, studio-level vocals.
A balanced XLR connection allows you to connect your microphone and then you can leave the rest up to the Korg Pa4X.
Great for live use, there is a built-in, fully programmable and searchable SongBook music database unique to KORG Arrangers. Each entry in the SongBook contains all the settings required to play a specific song.
The SongBook uses styles, MIDI files and MP3s and can immediately recall settings including song title, genre, artist, tempo, volumes, sounds, muted tracks, FX settings, easy edit, 4 keyboard sets, TC Helicon presets, master transpose and more.
Also included in the SongBook is an updated Set List function which features a panel-button association allow for lightning fast recall which is perfect for live gig situations.
Using the SongBook Editor, you can create, edit and view your SongBook entries and setlists from your PC.
You can even connect the Korg Pa4X to your iOS and Android tablets to use it as a digital sheet music reader using third party apps.
Connectivity and Data Storage
In addition to the Korg Pa4X’s main Left and Right outputs, there are two other assignable outputs which are perfect for isolating parts for individual processing or to send them to an external mixer.
Conveniently located on the front panel is a headphone output so you can work on your projects wherever you are at any time without bothering others.
An XLR connector allows you to input your microphone and phantom power is available when required.
Furthermore, the Pa4X also has a pair of ¼” inputs (Line 1) and a stereo 1/8” jack (Line 2) so you can connect your phone, or other mobile device along with MIDI In, Out and Thru connectors to connect an assortment of musical devices while the USB port allows you to connect to a computer.
A composite RCA video output allows you to send score and lyric information to an external monitor, mirroring the internal display of the Korg Pa4X.
- Pa4X 61: 61 keys (C2 – C7)
- Semi–weighted keys with Velocity and Aftertouch
- Upgradable Operating System
- Multitasking, load while play feature
- EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded)
- Filters with Resonance - Three band EQ for each track
- 128 Voices, 128 Oscillators
- Accompaniment/Song: 4 Insert Effects; 3 Master Effects (148 Types)
- Keyboard Tracks: 1 Insert Effect; 2 Master Effects (148 Types)
- Final Mastering Effects: Waves Audio Ltd. MAXX Suite (Includes MaxxEQ, MaxxBass, MaxxTreble, MaxxStereo, MaxxVolume)
Voice Processor Technology by TC Helicon
- Four-part Harmonizer, Double, µMod, Reverb, Delay, Filter, HardTune, Pitch Correction;
- plus Compressor, EQ, Gate (Adaptive Mic Setting on the Mic input)
Sounds / Drumkits
- Factory: More than 1,900 Factory Sounds including a new multilayer Stereo Piano with damper/body resonance, GM/XG sound sets and more than 110 Drumkits * including Ambient Drums
- User Area: 512 Sounds, 256 Drumkits
- Digital Drawbars: 9 Footages, Percussion, Key On/Off, Leakage (Effect section includes rotary speaker)
- Defined Nuance Control (DNC) Technology
- Natural Ambience Drums Sound
- Full Sounds/Drumkits editing
- User PCM RAM Memory: 400 MB
- Load KORG, Wav, AIFF and SoundFont formats
- Save KORG, Wav and AIFF formats
- Full Edit, Time Slice, Sampling feature
- Factory: More than 550 Factory Styles, freely reconfigurable sets
- User: 1,248 locations, including User, Favorite and Direct banks
- Eight Accompaniment tracks, 4 Keyboard Sets, 4 Pads per Style; Style Settings (Sounds and Arranger parameters) on each Style
- Guitar Mode 2, Parallel and Fixed NTT (Note Transposition Table)
- Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit
- MIDI Song to Style Converter
- Style controls: 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 4 Fills, Break, 3 Endings, Synchro Start, Synchro Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Bass Inversion, Auto Fill, Manual Bass, Memory, Accompaniment Mute, Drum Mapping, Snare & Kick Designation, Style to KBD Set Mode
- Chord Sequence recorder in Style Play mode
- Chord Sequences can be saved to Style and SongBook En-tries
- Edit functions: delete, copy from Style/SongBook, import/export from/to SMF
Keyboard Set Library
- Memorize keyboard Sounds settings
- Factory: More than 460 Factory Keyboard Sets, freely recon-figurable
- User: 1,056 locations, including User and Direct banks
- “My Setting” special Keyboard Set
- Automatic MIDI FX generator
- More than 65 Factory Presets
- Patented XDS Crossfade Dual Sequencer Player with X-Fader Balance control
- Supported formats: MID, KAR, MP3 + lyrics, MP3+G
- 2 Players with separate Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls
- Lyrics, Score, and Chord data can be displayed on screen, or on external video monitor
- Markers with Add, Delete, Edit and Loop functions
- Jukebox function
MP3 Player / Recorder
- Double MP3 Player and MP3 Recorder
- Transpose (+6/-5 semitones)
- Tempo change (±30%)
- Vocal Remover
- Records MP3 files including Styles, MIDI Songs, MP3 Songs, Keyboard Sounds, Pads, Microphone, Effects, and KAOSS Effects
- Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions -
- Full-featured sequencer, 16 tracks, Up to 200,000 events, SMF (MID) native format
- Fully programmable music database based on Styles, MIDI Songs (MID and KAR files), MP3 Songs with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes
- User definable Set Lists, with Entries selectable from the control panel
- Filtering and sorting options
- "i-Series" models: Styles
- Pa-Series models: Styles, Performances, Programs/Sounds, Songs, SongBook Entries, Pads
- Four Assignable Pads + Stop Buttons
- Pad Record function
- Master Volume; Fade In/Out; Keyboard-Acc/Song Balance Volume; Ensemble; Octave Transpose; Master Transpose; Quarter Tone and Arabic Scale memorized inside Keyboard Sets; Joystick (pitch + modulation); Ribbon; Mic Volume; Harmony/Double; Delay/Reverb; Mic Preset; Mic On/Off; Harmony On/Off; Double On/Off; 8 Assignable Sliders; Slider Mode; MP3 Volume; 3 Assignable Switches; Tempo +/-; Tempo Lock; Metronome On/Off; Dial; Up/+; Down/-; Search; Shift; Chord Scan (Lower, Upper); Split; Keyboard Tracks Sound Select and On/Off; Record
- Damper pedal (support half-pedaling with optional DS-1H pedal)
- Assignable pedal/switch
- EC5 multiswitch pedal
- Mic: Combo XLR balanced with Gain control and Phantom Power
- Line 1: Left/Right Jack (1/4") Line Input, balanced
- Line 2: Stereo Mini-jack (1/8") Line Input, unbalanced
- Audio Output: Left/Right, Out 1, Out 2; (1/4" Jack) balanced
- Headphone Output x 1 ( 1/4" Jack)
- Video Out (RCA connector)
- IN, OUT, THRU standard MIDI connectors
- USB to MIDI using the USB Device port
- 8 user definable MIDI Setups
- Type A (HOST, for memory and controllers) x 2 (front/rear)
- Type B (DEVICE, for personal computers and tablets) x 1 (rear)
- 2.0 Hi-Speed connections
- Pa4X 61: optional, user installable; HDIK-3 hard disk installation kit required
- Micro SD card: (Card not included) Rear panel slot with plastic cover
- USB Flash Drive: (Drive not included)1 Front panel port, 1 Rear panel port
- 7” Wide capacitive color TouchView TFT display
- Internal System Clock
AC - Power Consumption
- 100-240 Volts, 50/60 Hz
- 0.5 Watt in standby / 16 Watt normal / 38 Watt with PaAS installed
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Pa4X-61: 980 x 364.4 x 125.56 mm / 38.58" x 14.35" x 4.94"
- Pa4X-61: 13.9 kg/30.64 lbs
- AC Power Cable
- Music Stand
- Accessory Disc Containing the Video Manuals
- Additional Manuals and Software Utilities
- PaAS Amplification System
- ST-SV1 Keyboard Stand
- HDIK-3 Hard Disk Installation Kit
- EC-5 External Controller
- EXP-2 Foot Controller
- XVP-10 Expression/Volume Pedal
- DS-1H Damper Pedal (support half-pedaling)
- PS-1 Pedal Switch
- PS-3 Pedal Switch
|Number of Keys||61 keys|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*