Jackson Pro DK2QMHT Dinky, seen here with a Maple fretboard and a distinctively eye-catching chlorine burst finish.
Pro Series Dinky
One of the most popular models from Jackson, the Dinky was first created in the mid-1980s.
Combining great features, a high-quality build and the trademark speed and high performance that Jackson Guitars are known for, the Dinky was first created in the mid-1980s and has since become one of Jackson’s most popular electric guitars.
Being part of the Jackson Pro Series, the Pro DK2QM HT Dinky comes with a number of high-end features, with incredible quality craftsmanship and features Seymour Duncan pickups.
Jackson Pro Series Craftsmanship
Alder has been used to craft the elegantly curved body of the Pro Series Dinky which features two deep cutaways allowing for easy reach of the higher frets; perfect for guitar solos and more adventurous lead guitar playing.
It is also topped with a AAA Quilt Maple top for the most beautiful aesthetic which shows up gorgeously through the Chlorine Burst finish.
Bolt-on construction sees the joining of a one-piece Maple speed neck that has a Maple fingerboard featuring a 12” to 16” compound radius fretboard, allowing for smooth and comfortable chording at the lower end while it flattens out towards the top of the neck so you can perform great solos with huge bends without the fear of fretting out.
The neck is flat-sawn and features a wraparound heel while rolled fingerboard edges make for extremely fast and comfortable playing, giving the feeling that you’ve been playing this guitar for years, the moment you take it out of the box.
The neck also benefits from a hand-rubbed oil finish.
High Quality Hardware
On the body of the Jackson DK2QM HT Pro Series Dinky, you’ll find a Jackson HT6 6-string hardtail bridge with a strings-through-body design. This bridge keeps the strings precisely intonated across the length and breadth of the guitar while the strings-through-body design allows better vibration transfer to the body for enhanced sustain.
At the headstock, you’ll find Jackson die-cast locking machine heads offering fast, precise and extremely secure tuning.
The neck benefits from a scarf joint which is possibly the strongest method of angling a headstock with graphite-reinforcement further ensuring a most stable and secure build while a thumb-wheel truss rod butt adjust allows for extremely easy adjustment of your truss rod.
Seymour Duncan Electronics
Giving this guitar a huge sound that defies its “Dinky” name are two Seymour Duncan humbuckers.
In the bridge position, you have the Seymour Duncan Zebra JB TB4. This is a ‘Trembucker’ spaced edition of the JB humbucker. Combining hot coils with an alnico 5 bar magnet, the JB TB-4 offers great upper-midrange attack, nicely articulate low end with singing, harmonically rich high end.
In the neck pickup position, there’s a Seymour Duncan Zebra JB™ SH1n which gives you a vintage-inspired tone while being extremely versatile and producing some nice sustain, really full sounding chords with both a clear and bright attack.
To give you a whole host of tonal options, a five-position blade gives you the following options for pickup switching:
- Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup
- Position 2. Inside Coil of Bridge Pickup
- Position 3. Both Full Humbucking Pickups
- Position 4. Outer Coil of Neck Humbucking Pickup
- Position 5. Full Neck Humbucking Pickup
You can make further adjustments to your overall sound using the Master Volume and Master Control knobs.
Great Sounds, Looks and Playability
With its gorgeous Chlorine Burst finish over the 4A 1/8” quilt maple cap, the Pro Series DK2QM HT Pro Series Dinky looks fantastic.
What really makes this a brilliant guitar though is the fact that it has incredible playability and sound to match due to its expertly crafted body, fast neck with rolled fingerboard edges and the awesome Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups.
Pro Series DK2QM HT Pro Series Dinky Key Features:
- Seymour Duncan Pickups
- 12” – 16” Compound Radius Maple Fretboard
- Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Dunlop Strap Locks
- Graphite Reinforced Neck with Scarf Joint
- AAAA Quilted Maple Top
Jackson Pro Series DK2QM HT Pro Series Dinky Specs:
- Series: Pro Series
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Wood: Alder with AAAA Quilt Maple Top
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Neck: 1-Piece Bolt-On Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement
- and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Offset Black Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Jackson® HT6 6-String Hardtail with Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Die-Cast Locking
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan® Zebra JB™ TB4 Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Direct Mount Seymour Duncan® Zebra JB™ SH1n
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Humbucking Pickup,
- Position 2. Inside Coil of Bridge Pickup, Position 3. Both Full
- Humbucking Pickups, Position 4. Outer Coil of Neck Humbucking
- Pickup, Position 5. Full Neck Humbucking Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*