Ibanez FRM150, Paul Gilbert Signature Series, Fireman Electric Guitar, Transparent Red Finish
Guitar virtuoso Paul Gilber knew exactly what he wanted when he designed his first Fireman guitar, and Ibanez were exactly the kind of company to give it to him. With its extreme body shape, customised tone, and plenty of power, the FRM200-WHB is the latest entry to the Fireman lineup, and takes these ideas even further!
As Unique and High-Performance as Paul Gilbert himself
Every bit of this guitar, from the headstock, to the pickups, and even to the unique control pot configuration, has been built according to Paul Gilbert's precise instructions and needs. Featuring a slim, fast neck, two DiMarzio PG-13 mini humbuckers, Tight-Tune fixed bridge and tailpiece, bound ebony fretboard, black scratchplate, chrome hardware, and that unique Fireman body shape, this guitar is ready to rock straight out of the box!
With Paul's favourite DiMarzio Air humbuckers in the neck and bridge position, and a DiMarzio Area 67 single coil pickup in the mid position, the FRM150 is capable of a vast array of guitar tones. Whether you want a beefy, bridge humbucker-driven overdrive sound for those heavy riffs, a smooth and creamy neck humbucker tone for soloing, or even a range of bright, clean tones for simple chording, these pickups have got you covered.
Designed by Ibanez, the Tight-Tune bridge and tailpiece work perfectly together, promoting superior transfer of string vibration, whilst eliminating any unwanted string movement. They work perfectly with the solid mahogany body, in the delivery of a rock-solid and reliable tone with plenty of sustain.
Unusual Control Layout
As per Paul Gilbert's instructions, the Tone and Volume control pots are situated the opposite way around to where you'd normally expect to see them (Volume closer to the bottom end of the guitar, with Tone closer to the pickups). It's also worth noting that the Tone control only works in positions 3, 4 and 5, with anything before or beyond these numbers allowing the specially designed pickups to do the talking for you.
Head on down to your local PMT Store and speak with our resident guitar experts to help choose which Ibanez is the correct fit for you. Alternatively, order this guitar online today and make use of our fabulous 0% finance and free delivery orders!
- Paul Gilbert signature Fireman guitar, with a Transparent Red finish
- Fixed bridge and tailpiece promotes superior transfer of string vibration without any unwanted movement
- DiMarzio HSH pickup configuration offers a hot but clear tone that's suitable for anything from crisp clean sounds, to full on modern metal, and everything inbetween
- Shorter 24.75" scale makes bending notes that little bit easier
- Solid mahogany body gives you a warm resonance and plenty of natural sustain when you play
- 0% Finance and Free Delivery available
- Neck Type: FRM 3pc Mahogany/Maple set-in neck
- Scale Length: 24.7"
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Rosewood fretboard w/White dot inlay
- Fret: Narrow & Tall frets
- Bridge: Tight-Tune bridge
- Tailpiece: Tight-Tune tailpiece
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio Air Classic (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Middle Pickup: DiMarzio Area 67 (S) middle pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio Air Classic (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Hardware Color: Chrome
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker 1 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*