Co-designed with the guitarist’s guitarist, Chet Atkins, the venerable 6120 is one of the most widely heard Gretsch instruments. The G6120T-55 Vintage Select Edition '55 Chet Atkins Hollow Body with Bigsby stays true to the original design and astounding classic aesthetics. Featuring a gorgeous Figured Maple top, Gold Hardware and Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer finish, everything about this semi-hollowbody oozes vintage aesthetic appeal.
A veritable tonal multi-tool, this hollow body has an easy-playing, comfortable feel.
That Great Gretsch Sound!
A pair of TV Jones T-Armond single-coil pickups creates multi-dimensional tone with plenty of articulate detail. Traditional Gretsch controls allow you to blend and shape the pickups’ sounds, creating countless tonal variations. Add the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors and you get incredibly smooth taper and silky vintage high end. The standard “U”-shaped maple neck bears a 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets for a memorable playing experience that works with any fret-hand style. A pinned aluminum compensated bridge works with the Bigsby B6GBVF vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning while the vintage-style polished aluminum nut delivers signature snappy twang.
Designed for pure tone and slick, comfortable playing feel, this guitar features the classic appointments Gretsch fans desire—gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, durable gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid block inlays with classic Western motif, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover Sta-tite tuning machines. A resurrected blast from the past with elegantly refined style and sound, the G6120T-55 Vintage Select Edition '55 Chet Atkins Hollow Body with Bigsby is sure to satisfy any devotee of Gretsch’s goldern era.
- Model Name: G6120T-55 Vintage Select Edition '55 Chet Atkins Hollow Body with Bigsby, TV Jones, Vintage Orange Stain Lacquer
- Model Number: 2401357822
- Series: Professional Collection
- Color: Western Orange Stain
- Body Shape: Chet Atkins Hollow Body
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I Purfling
- Body Material: Laminated Flamed Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated Flame Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Neck Plate: NA
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Blocks with Western Motif
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones T-Armond
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones T-Armond
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: Dynasonic / Dynasonic
- Bridge: Aluminum Compensated Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite Gold
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Control Knobs: Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jet style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||maple body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*