Gretsch G6120SH-TBLK Brian Setzer Hot Rod with TV Jones "Setzer" Pickups, a Bigsby tremolo unit, and stunning Tuxedo Black Finish
Brian Setzer is a name synonymous with the swagger, charm and class that only a Gretsch guitar can provide you with. His long-standing love affair with Gretsch began upon him seeing George Harrison and Eddie Cochran wielding them during performances when he was still a child, and by the time he could afford his own high-quality guitar, Gretsch was the only brand he wanted to play.
These days he has his own range of Gretsch Signature Series, such as this incredible G6120SH-TBLK, a Brian Setzer "Hot Rod", complete with Bigsby Tremolo unit, "Setzer" TV Tron pickups, and a delicious Tuxedo Black finish.
Hollow Body, Chrome Hardware, and that signature Gretsch sound
In addition to the afore-mentioned features, the G6120SH-TBLK comes complete with a whole host of premium-grade appointments, enough to satisfy even the most particular guitar enthusiasts.
- The single-cutaway bound hollow body features an arched top, 1959-style trestle bracing, and those classic violin-style F Holes
- Adorning the maple neck is a bound ebony fingerboard with Neo-Classic thumbnail inlays
- The two TV Jones humbuckers have been constructed to Brian Setzer's very own specifications
- Schaller locking tuners work perfectly in unison with the pinned Adjusto-Matic bridge to ensure that the guitar's tuning and intonation aren't affected, no matter how aggressively you use the Bigsby B6C vibrato unit
The guitar as a whole just exudes class from every pore, and that's before you've even plugged it in!
As mentioned earlier, the pickups in the G6120SH-TBLK are Brian Setzer signature Filter'Tron pickups from TV Jones. These pickups are based largely around the TV Classic line, and produce a crisp and clear high-end, but with plenty of fat punch in the mids - they work perfectly in conjunction to produce that classic Gretsch sound, combining all of the bright clean tones of a Single Coil, with the growl and bite of a Humbucker.
If you'd like more information on this guitar (or any other of our Gretsch guitar lineup), feel free to call into your local PMT store and chat to one of our in-store guitar experts, maybe even arrange for a play test to see if they're the right fit for you!
- Model Name: G6120SH-TBLK Brian Setzer 2 Tone Hot Rod with Bigsby, TV Jones Setzer Pickups, Tuxedo Black
- Model Number: 2400115899
- Series: Gretsch Professional Collection
- Family: Nashville
- Colour: 2-Tone Tuxedo Black
- Body Construction: Hollow Body
- Cutaway: Single Cutaway
- Body Material: Laminated maple
- Body Shape: Nashville / G6120
- Bracing: 1959 Style Trestle
- Body Binding: White
- Body Back: Arched Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Binding: White
- Scale Length: 24.6"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium
- Nut: Delrin
- Nut Width: 1.6875"
- Position Inlays: Neo-Classic Thumbnail
- Headstock: Late '50s Gretsch
- Bridge Pickup: Brian Setzer "Signature" TV Jones Filter'Tron
- Neck Pickup: Brian Setzer "Signature" TV Jones Filter'Tron
- Controls: Master Volume
- Pickup Switch: 3-Position Toggle
- Pickup Configuration: Filter'Tron / Filter'Tron
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic with Pinned Rosewood Base
- Tuning Machines: Schaller Locking Tuners M6
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Orientation: Right-Hand
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||single cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||maple body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*