Based around the big-necked 1962 SG, this stunning Gibson Custom Shop piece represents a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your hands on a Signature Guitar that offers a sublime balance between vintage and modern guitar design.
We expect very limited numbers on this run - act fast to avoid disappointment! Call us for more information on availability or Pre-Order!
Built for the Big Stage
A brainchild of Vic DaPra and Brian Ray himself, this Signature SG invokes the spirit of Brian's famous '65 Epiphone Casino, adorned with a Silver Fox finish. A black pickguard and custom Trapezoid inlay complete the 'tuxedo' look, with the hallmark traits of a kicking SG that cuts through on any big stage. After all, this is the guitar of choice for Brian on Paul McCartney's recent tour - enough said!
Aside from a gorgeous custom paint job, this SG Junior packs more under the hood than meets the eye. For example, the solid mahogany body is also slightly thicker than a normal SG, which offers more low and mid-range punch to the overall tone of the guitar up and down the neck.
Gibson Custom Brian Ray SG Junior Key Features:
- Solid Mahogany Body and Neck
- Indian Rosewood Fretboard with Custom Celluloid Trapezoid Inlay
- Custom Dog-Ear P90 Pickup with Switchable Induction Coil Circuit
- Push/Push Coil Control with Volume and Tone
- Convertible ABR-1 Bridge
- Maestro Short Vibrola Tailpiece
- Custom 'White Fox' Finish
- Custom Shop Hard Case Included
Passive Induction Coil Circuitry
Brian Ray's SG Junior features a passive "Induction Coil" circuit with push-push knob, hidden under the pickguard to reduce RF interference and high-gain noise while preserving the tone of the powerful Custom Dog-Ear P-90 pickup.
Convertable Bridge Design
The clever convertible bridge design gives you the choice between a tune-o-matic ABR-1 or wrap-tail bridge and a Vibrola tremolo or stop bar tailpiece setup - all available in the time it takes to change strings. This makes this SG uniquely versatile in any recording or live performance situation.
About Brian Ray
Best known for his work alongside Sir Paul McCartney, Brian Ray has established himself as one of the most respectable guitarists of the last 4 decades. Originally working for Etta James for 14 years, Brian Ray has shared the big stage with some of the most recognisable guitarists in the world, including Keith Richards, Santana, Bo Diddley and many more. More recently, his work as a member of The Bayonets has helped continue his legacy from 2011 and beyond.
Brian Ray is renowned for working with a wide array of guitars in his collection, but this Gibson '62 SG may just be the pick of the bunch. It combines the hallmark traits of a classic SG, with the secret surprises under the hood that really give this guitar the mercurial X-Factor.
This Custom Shop piece is a must-have for any Brian Ray aficionado, or for any serious SG player that wants something above and beyond the core lineup of 2019 SGs on the market today.
Act fast - we expect very limited stock on this beast! Please call us for more information on availability.
Gibson Custom Shop Brian Ray SG Junior Specifications:
- Material: Solid Mahogany, Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Profile: Custom 1962 Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Dunlop 6100 Jumbo
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- End of Board Width: 2.24"
- Inlays: Custom Celluloid Trapezoid
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Binding: Fingerboard 1-Ply Cream
- Weight Relief: None
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 with convertible options
- Saddle Material: Nickel-plated Brass
- Tailpiece: Maestro Short Vibrola
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- TrussRod: 2-way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: Custom Brian Ray Hot-stamped
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Control Covers: Black
- Strap Buttons: Aluminum
- Pickup Covers: Black Dog-Ear P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Dog-Ear P90 w/ Switchable Induction Coil Circuit
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone with Push/Push for Induction Coil Circuit
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Custom Shop Black with Yellow Lining
- Accessories: Brian Ray Certificate of Authenticity
- SKU: SGSJBRWFNH1
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||1 x p90|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||sg style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.