Gibson Custom Shop 1956 Les Paul Goldtop, Vintage Original Spec, with Nickel Hardware, Includes Gibson Hard Case
Originally produced between 1952 and 1957, early Gibson Les Paul guitars offered guitarists a stylish alternative to offset the increasing popularity that a certain other guitar maker was gaining at the time.
These solid-bodied guitars featured a whole host of high-end appointments, and were soon the must-have instrument for serious guitarists all across the USA - and before long, the rest of the World too!
A Fitting Tribute to a Legendary Guitar
With this Gibson Custom Shop '56 Les Paul Goldtop you're presented with a guitar that allows you to dip your toe into the crystal-clear waters of modern music history.
Featuring a solid Mahogany back, with the Carved Maple top, finished in Gold with a thin VOS nitrocellulose coating, and a set of genuine P-90 soapbar pickups, this guitar will give you all of the playability and sustain that Gibson's solid-body reputation was built upon and then some.
Not only that but you will even get a Gibson Hardshell case with which to keep it safe!
Prior to the invention of those famous PAF humbuckers, early Les Paul models came fitted with a pair of fabulous P-90s. These pickups are of the single-coil variety, but are wound differently to the more traditional SC's, resulting in a sound that's both articulate, yet chunky - sitting somewhere in between a single coil and humbucker - making the guitar ideal for jazz, blues and a wide variety of rock genres.
The Finishing Touches
Each and every nook and cranny of this guitar has been designed and created by some of Gibson's finest artisans, and crafted using only the best materials and components.
For added authenticity each of the plastic components are made using the exact same plastics as a vintage '56 Les Paul Goldtop, and the Gold paint has been treated with a VOS nitrocellulose lacquer coating, leaving you with a guitar that looks every bit the vintage instrument, but one that's been kept safe in its case for 60+ years.
Buy Yours Today
Due to the exclusive nature of Gibson Custom Shop guitars, we ask that if this, or any other model, takes your fancy but is out of stock, then please contact our online sales team directly and we'll see what we can do for you.
Also don't forget to explore out fantastic range of finance and free home-delivery options!
- Wood Species: Lightweight Solid Mahogany Body, 2 Piece Plain Maple Top, Hide Glue Fit
- Finish: Antique Gold, with VOS Nitrocellulose Lacquer Coating
- Material: Solid Mahogany, Long Tenon, Hide Glue Fit
- Neck Profile: Medium Chunky, .9" depth at nut, 1.0" at 12th fret
- Scale Length: 24.75", 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminum
- Tuning Machines: Single Band Kluson Deluxe
- Pick Guard: Replica Laminated Acrylic
- Control Knobs: Replica Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Switch Tip: Replica Catalin
- Switch Washer: Replica Acrylic
- Jack Plate Cover: Replica Laminated Acrylic
- Neck Pickup: Custom P-90
- Bridge Pickup: Custom P-90
- Controls: 2 500K CTS Volume Pots, 2 500K CTS Tone Pots, Hand-Wired Harness with Bumblebee Capacitors, Switchcraft Toggle Switch
- Case: Lacquered '50s Replica Case
- Other: Die-Cast Switch Plate Medallion, Gibson Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
August 30, 2018Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*