Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Std V1 VOS, Deep Cherry Sunburst
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
With the Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Std V1 VOS, seen here with a Deep Cherry Sunburst finish, you get a superb electric guitar that accurately recreates the feel, tone, and looks of those iconic early 1960 models.
A Celebration Of An Icon
As a celebration of the Les Paul's early evolution, the Gibson Custom Shop artisans have recreated three incredible models based on those released throughout 1960.
In this case we have the V1 - a Les Paul Standard released during the early part of 1960, and which features the same specs as those much-coveted late 1959-to-early-1960 models.
Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Std V1 VOS, Deep Cherry Sunburst Highlights
- Limited edition, 60's-style Les Paul Standard from the Gibson Custom Shop
- V1 VOS (Vintage Original Spec) status ensures an incredible level of authenticity
- Solid Mahogany back capped with a 2-piece Flamed Maple top delivers traditional Les Paul Standard aesthetics
- Vintage-style Deep Cherry Sunburst finish
- Rock-solid Mahogany neck, capped with a 22-fret Rosewood fingerboard with Trapezoid inlays
- Two Custombucker Alnico III humbucker pickups deliver incredible, vintage PAF-like tones
- ABR-1 bridge and stopbar tailpiece combine for accurate intonation
- Includes deluxe, period-accurate 5-latch hardshell case
- Limited availability
To achieve VOS status - as this guitar has - a Gibson guitar needs to feature as much authenticity to the model it represents as possible.
In the case of this V1 model, we have a guitar with the exact same specs as the Les Paul Standards released during the early 1960s - essentially the same as those much-lauded 1959 classics.
As with the original 1960 Les Paul Standard, this 60th Anniversary Custom Shop model features a solid Mahogany back piece, and is topped with a two-piece Figured Maple cap, fixed in place with genuine hide glue.
In addition to this, there's a solid Mahogany neck carved with an authentic '59 Medium C-profile shape, and topped with a Rosewood fingerboard.
All in all the guitar looks, plays, and feels like a genuinely vintage Les Paul Standard, making it a fitting tribute to the guitar which helped shape the sound of modern music.
Over the decades many pickup makers have attempted to recreate the magical tone of the original PAF humbuckers, and many of them fall short - but not with the Gibson Custombucker!
Thanks to the Alnico III magnets in them, these pickups deliver a mellow, smooth, and rounded tone - the closest you can get to the original PAF's - and are favoured by countless professional players the world over.
Unfortunately this amazing guitar is available in limited numbers only, so be sure to get in touch with our Online Sales Team directly if you'd like to query its availability.
Don't forget: if you place your order Online you can choose from our fantastic range of Home Delivery options.
Gibson 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Std V1 VOS, Deep Cherry Sunburst Specs
- Shape: Les Paul
- Material: Solid Lightweight Mahogany
- Top: 2-Piece Figured Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Weight Relief: None
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Profile: Authentic '59 Medium C-Shape
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Nylon
- Inlay: Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Bridge: No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Lightweight Aluminium Stop Bar
- Knobs: Amber Butyrate Top hats w/ Silver Inserts
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Plating: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone CTS 500k Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-In-Oil Capacitors
- Case: Aged Brown/Pink Reissue 5-Latch
- MPN: LPR60VODCSNH1
|Shipping Weight (kg)||7.000000|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Warranty||limited lifetime warranty (upon registration with gibson)|
|Series||Gibson Original Collection|
|Neck Wood||Mahogany Neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||les paul style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!