Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic Audio Interface
Availability: THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
This product is currently unavailable for delivery
The Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic is an audio interface that's packed with features, making it the perfect expansion for your digital audio workstation.
Expand Your Home Studio
Great for your home studio, allowing you to expand out from your DAW, the OctoPre MkII Dynamic is packed with features and high quality inputs and outputs for all your recording and playback needs.
Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic Audio Interface Key Features:
- Eight Award Winning Preamps
- Eight "Single-Dial" Compressors
- Compress Transparently or with Effect
- Eight-Channel 24-Bit/96kHz Digital Inputs
- Eight-Channel 24-Bit/96kHz Digital Outputs
- Two High-Quality Instrument Inputs
Award Winning Focusrite Preamps
Making up the foundation of the Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic are eight award-winning preamps.
Optimised to handle extreme sound levels, these Focusrite preamps are perfect for recording all kinds of sources including acoustic drums.
New VCA-based, feed-forward compressors are onboard, modelled on the hugely popular Focusrite Red 3.
With a classic soft-knee design, you get incredibly transparent compression that maintains your natural sound.
Alternatively, you can utilise the unique "More" switch which doubles the ratio, giving you compression with effect.
Eight Channels In and Out
Providing you with all sorts of potential, the OctoPre Dynamic has eight 24-bit/96kHz digital inputs and outputs.
Allowing you to make use of ADAT I/O, you can easily expand the amount of mic pre inputs on your interface or even use it for analogue monitoring from a digital ADAT feed.
You'll also be able to make use of two high-quality instrument inputs.
With these two great DIs built into the Focusrite OctoPre, you can plug your guitars, bass or other instruments in with ease, without requiring an external Di which would add further costs.
Setting Recording Standards
Fantastic features, great quality audio and huge potential – all packed into a single 1U chassis, the Focusrite OctoPre sets a new standard for multi-channel recording expansions.
Buy the Focusrite OctoPre Mk2 Dynamic audio interface now for the perfect complement and expansion to your DAW and home studio setup.
Free Plug Ins With Focusrite Plug In Collective
The Focusrite Plug-in Collective has been set up to provide Focusrite users with an array of FREE professional grade plug-ins, tutorials and exclusive offers each month. The team at Focusrite has been working with some of the most renowned plug-in companies in the world to bring you a variety of useful tools to make your recording experience even better. All you have to do is register your product and you have access to new plug-ins, tutorials and special offers every month.
CHECK OUT ALL THE DETAILS ON OUR FOCUSRITE PLUG-IN COLLECTIVE PAGE!
Focusrite OctoPre MkII Dynamic Audio Interface Specs:
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB
- THD+N: 0.001% (measured at 1kHz with a 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital): measured at ~60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Mic Gain: +10dB to + 55dB
- Phantom power switched in 4 channel groups on Mic. 1-4 and 5-8
- Maximum input level +16dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: <0.001% (measured with 0dBFS input and 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Line 1-8 Gain: -10dB to +36dB
- Maximum input level +26dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- THD+N: 0.004% (measured with 0dBu input and 20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
- Instrument Gain: +10dB to +55dB
- Maximum input level +16dBu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.2dB.
- THD+N <0.0010% (-100dB) (measured with 0dBFS input 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter, un-weighted)
- Nominal output level 0dBFS = 16dBu, balanced
- Threshold Range: -44dBFS (Max setting) to -4dBFS (Min setting)
- Compression Ratio Normal: 2:1, More: 4:1
- Auto Make Up Gain: 4dB (Min setting), 18dB (Max setting)
- Attack Time: 1.2ms, Release Time: 28ms (-3.5dB method)
- Compression Curve: Classic Focusrite Soft Knee
- THD+N (maximum at any compression threshold, input < +16dBu, gain at minimum): < 0.18%
- A/D Dynamic Range 110dB 'A-weighted' (all inputs)
- D/A Dynamic Range 110dB 'A-weighted' (all outputs)
- Clock Jitter < 250 pico seconds
- Sample rates: 44.1kHz to 96kHz
- Sample Rate Clock Accuracy: +/- 20PPM
- JetPLL technology providing superb jitter reduction for class leading converter performance
- Clock sources: Internal, Word Clock and ADAT (from ADAT1 input only)
- Single unit unboxed net weight : 3.6 kg / 7.3 lbs
- Single unit boxed net weight : 4.05 kg / 8.9 lbs
- Unboxed: W = 484mm / 19", H = 45mm / 1.8", D = 265mm / 10.4"
- Boxed: W= 595 mm / 23.5", H= 120 mm / 4.75", D= 340 mm / 13.4"
FRONT AND REAR CONNECTIVITY
Analogue Channel Inputs:
- 2x Mic / Line / Instrument inputs on the rear panel (Inputs 1 and 2). Switches automatically between Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS). Instrument selected via front panel buttons.
- 6x Mic / Line inputs on the rear panel. Switches automatically between Mic (XLR) and Line (TRS).
Analogue Channel Outputs:
- 8x Balanced 1/4" TRS Jack on the rear panel
- Switching to enable monitoring of A/D inputs or ADAT inputs with ADDA switch on front panel.
- 2x ADAT Lightpipe (TOSLINK) inputs. Provides 8 channels at 44.1 and 48kHz (please note that in this mode, only ADAT input 1 is active, allowing for a total of 8 ADAT input channels at 44.1 / 48kHz). Provide 4 channels per port (8 total) at 88.2 and 96kHz (S-MUX).
- 2x ADAT Lightpipe (TOSLINK) outputs. Provides 8 channels per port (16 total) at 44.1 and 48kHz (please note that in this mode, the digital outputs are mirrored, providing outputs 1 - 8 on both ports). Provides 4 channels per port (8 total) at 88.2 and 96kHz (S-MUX).
- Word-Clock in and out on rear panel BNC connectors
Front Panel Indicators:
- 8x Five segment input LED meters (-42, -18, -6, -3 and 0dBFS)
- 4x Sample Rate LED's (44.1k, 48k, 88.2k and 96k)
- 3x Sync Source LED's (Internal, Word Clock and ADAT)
- 'Lock' indicator LED
- ADDA Switch for analogue output source selection (A/D's or ADAT inputs)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||5.000000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.