A dedicated nearfield monitor that delivers extraordinary monitoring quality from the very lowest to the very highest of frequencies.
Natural Sounding Reference-Quality Audio
Featuring an array of innovative technologies, the Focal Shape 65 Active Nearfield Studio Monitor is best appreciated when listened to from three feet away - delivering its full potential through an ingenious design ideal for small listening spaces.
Focal Shape 65 Active Nearfield Studio Monitor Features:
- Bi-Amplified, Nearfield Studio Monitor
- 6.5-Inch Flax Sandwich Cone Woofer
- 1-Inch High-End Tweeter
- Low 'M-Shape' Tweeter Directivity For Flexible Listening Position
- Flexible Settings For Listening Position
Sleek & Stylish
Compact, unique and designed without a port for placement close to walls, the Focal Shape 65 delivers incredible clarity through superior-grade technology. Crafted from an MDF cabinet with a natural walnut veneer, the Shape 65's will complement any studio with their elegance and prowess. Featuring an extensive selection of controls on the rear panel for optimal room integration, the Shape 65's are ideal for smaller listening spaces thanks to their compact size, excellent performance and incredible flexibility.
Exceptional Audio Fidelity
Despite performing best at close proximity, Focal have included the newly-evolved M-Shape Inverted Dome Tweeter to provides both increased rigidity and less directivity than previous inverted dome tweeters type tweeters - allowing for more flexible listening positions, whilst decreasing levels of distortion thanks to the rigid design.
As a result of over 5 years of research and development, the French-made Flax Sandwich Cones are designed to provide a characteristically natural sound with minimal colouration. Crafted from high-quality flax fibre cores and enclosed in glass fibre layers, their rigid design produces a rich midrange with an incredibly tight low-end.
The built-in, patented, unique Tuned Mass Damper (TMD) surrounds the flax sandwich cone woofer, stabilizing the dynamic behaviour according to resonance, avoiding deformation of the speaker cone and therefore providing an incredibly accurate, mid-range focused, sonic image without any fatigue.
Focal Shape 65 Active Nearfield Studio Monitor Specifications:
- Frequency response (+/-3dB): 40Hz - 35kHz
- Maximum SPL (musical signal): 109dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Inputs/Impedance Type: XLR: balanced 10kOhms
- Inputs/Impedance Connectors: RCA: unbalanced 10kOhms with sensitivity compensation
- Midrange & Low-Frequency Amplifier: 80W, class AB
- High-frequency amplifier: 25W, class AB
- Automatic Standby: On - After approximately 30 minutes with no signal. Off - Signal detection > 3 mV
- Electrical Supply Voltages:220-240V (T1AL / 250V fuse) or 100-120V (T2AL / 250V fuse)
- Electrical Supply Connection: IEC plug and detachable power cord
- High Pass Filter: Adjustable Full range 45/60/90Hz
- Bass: (0 - 250Hz) Adjustable, +/-6dB
- Midrange/Bass: (160Hz, Q=1) Adjustable, +/-3dB
- High (4.5 - 35kHz): Adjustable, +/-3dB
- Power On/Power Off: On/off switch on rear-panel
- Standby Consumption: < 0.5 W
- Display and Controls: LED for power on/off and standby
- Woofer: 6.5" (16.5 cm) Flax Cone
- Tweeter: 1" (25mm) 'M' profile Aluminum-Magnesium
- Construction: 0.6" (12mm) MDF
- Finish: Vinyl, real walnut and black painting
- Dimensions (with four rubber feet): 14 x 8.6 x 11.2" (355 x 218 x 285mm)
- Weight: 28.2lb (8.5kg)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||15.000000|
|Speaker Impedance||10 kOhms|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.