The design of the Focal CMS 50 professional speaker permits a listening position from 19" (50cm), while still keeping the possibility to place the monitors at a great distance from one another without damaging the soundstage.
A compromise in space needn't be a compromise on sound quality. If you're mixing and making music at home then you likely won't have room for a huge pair of main monitors. Get great low end extension, translation and clarity from these awesome nearfields instead.
The 5” (13cm) mid-bass reaches down to 55Hz, while offering a controlled bass and a totally linear midrange. The midrange register of the CMS 50 has unequalled neutrality in its price range. The Al/Mg inverted dome tweeter offers outstanding dynamics and a degree of definition in the treble that allow precise measurement of reverb tails and other effects, which are normally very difficult to assess.
- Frequency response (+/-3dB) : 55Hz - 28kHz
- Maximum SPL : 107dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- Input : Balanced 20 kOhms / Unbalanced 47 kOhms Connector XLR / RCA
- HF amplifier stage : 50W RMS, class AB
- LF amplifier stage : 80W RMS, class AB
- Electric supply : Mains voltage: 220 - 230V (1.6A fuse rating) 120V (3.5A fuse rating) 100V (4A fuse rating) IEC inlet and detachable power cord
- Adjustment :
- - Adjustable sensitivity, +4dBu / 0 / -10dBV
- - Adjustable volume, -66dB / 0dB
- - Adjustable high-pass filter, idle / 45 / 60 / 90Hz (12dB/oct.)
- - Adjustable LF Shelving, 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- - Adjustable HF Shelving, 0 / -4 / -2 / +2dB
- - Parametric filter (160Hz), adjustable, 0 / -2 / -4 / -6dB
- - Power ON/OFF switch, mains voltage selector
- - STANDBY/ON switch
- Indicators : Power ON / OFF LED, Standby / ON LED, Audio Clip LED
- Woofer : 5" Focal drive unit, Polyglass cone
- Tweeter : Aluminum/Magnesium inverted dome Focal tweeter
- Shielding : Integral by cancellation magnet
- Construction : Reinforced and damped Aluminum cabinet
- Finish : Black powder cabinet
- Dimensions with spikes : 289.5 x 190 x 201mm (11.4" x 7.5" x 7.9")
- Dimensions with table stand : 299.5 x 190 x 201mm (11.8" x 7.5" x 7.9")
- Net weight : 7.7kg - (17lb)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*