Affectionately known as the 'J Bass' - the Fender Standard Jazz Bass has cemented itself in music history as one of the most recognisable Bass Guitars since the early 1960s. Now available in a 5-string 'V' set-up, the Jazz Bass is now more versatile than ever for the modern player.
Vintage Jazz Bass tone with superb playability
Since 1961, musicians around the world have relied on the Fender Jazz Bass to provide full-bodied low end tone for bands of all shapes, sizes and styles. Not much has changed over the years - Fender have made occasional tweaks and adjustments to the finish but for the most part, the Standard Jazz Bass is as great as it was upon its introduction.
The foundation of the Standard Jazz bass is centered around a solid Alder body, maple neck and a pair of single coil pickups. Tuning stability, tone consistency and sustain are all optimised for the raptuous low-end requirements of a bass guitarist. Compared to the Precision Bass, the Jazz Bass offers a little mid-range bite and definition, great for melodic players that like to move up the frets more frequently. The Maple neck is smooth and slick, and makes complex bass parts easy to navigate.
By switching production from the US to Mexico, the Fender Standard series instruments provide players with a more wallet-friendly means of getting a top quality instrument, without massive compromises to quality, feel and tone. Everything about the Standard Jazz Bass V feels like a top-of-the-line Fender at a great low price point.
If you're in the market for a great Fender bass without blowing a massive budget, or moving up from some of the cheap, beginner Squier basses, the Mexican-Made Standard Jazz bass V is the one for you.
- Model Name: Standard Jazz Bass V (Five String), Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0146600506
- Series: Standard
- Colour: Black
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyester
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.875" (47.6 mm)
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Neck Finish: Tinted Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup: Standard Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Neck Pickup: Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard Vintage-Style with Single Groove Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Standard Open-Gear
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 8250/5M, NPS, (.045, .065, .085, .110TW, .130TW Gauges)
- Unique Features: Upgraded Pickups and Vintage Style Jazz Bass Control Knobs
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||5 string|
|Body Material||alder body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jazz style|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*