The Fender Player Stratocaster HSS, seen here in a classic 3-Colour Sunburst and featuring a Pau Ferro fretboard, marks a new standard for Fender.
Out with The Old, In with The New and Improved
Replacing the popular Fender Standard series, the Fender Player series boasts new and improved specs.
Available here with an HSS pickup configuration, the versatile Stratocaster provides you with even more tonal options along with classic Stratocaster style.
Fender Player Stratocaster HSS MN 3-Colour Sunburst Key Features:
- New Player Series Humbucker and Single-Coil Pickups
- 5-Way Pickup Switching
- Synchronised Tremolo Bridge with Bent Steel Saddles
- Modern “C” Shape Maple Neck
- 9.5” Radius Pau Ferro Fretboard
Timeless Strat Design
Having been a long-time favourite wood for Fender due to its bright, balanced and resonant tone, great upper midrange and excellent sustain, Alder has been used for the body of the Fender Player Stratocaster.
Part of the signature profile of the Fender Stratocaster is its distinctive double cutaway design which allows for easy reach of the higher frets.
Satin Finished, Comfortable Neck
Attached to the body with a sturdy 4-bolt neck plate that features a great looking stamped “F” logo is a 25.5” scale Maple neck.
With its modern “C” shape and satin finish on the back, this neck is extremely comfortable to play.
Atop the neck is a Pau Ferro fretboard with a modern 9.5” radius holding 22 medium jumbo frets for great all-round playability.
Breaking from tradition, instead of holding three single-coils, the Fender Player Stratocaster HSS is equipped with two single-coil pickups in the neck and middle positions and a New Player Series Humbucking pickup in the bridge position.
Having this humbucker in the bridge position gives you a beefier tone and a bit more grunt where you need it for more hard and heavy tones.
A very versatile instrument, the Player Strat HSS has five different options for using the pickups:
- Position 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup
- Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inner Coil of Humbucker
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
Classic Stratocaster single-coil tone combined with the heavier, chunkier sounding power of a humbucker.
For further tonal tinkering, you have a master volume control along with two tone controls – one for the neck and middle pickups and the other for the humbucking bridge pickup.
Return of a Rock Legend
Fender’s iconic Stratocaster electric guitar is synonymous with rock music. Played by such legends as Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton and countless more, the Fender Strat is a piece of living music history.
With the Fender Player Stratocaster, classic style and modern features combine, giving you great playability and awesome sound.
Buy the Fender Player Stratocaster HSS now and get one of the world’s most popular and enduring electric guitars.
Fender Player Stratocaster HSS MN 3-Colour Sunburst Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Truss Rod Wrench: 3/16" Hex (Allen)
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Bridge Pickup: New Player Series Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: New Player Series Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: New Player Series Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck/Middle Pickups), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Inner Coil of Humbucker; Position 3. Middle Pickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HSS
- Bridge Mounting: 2-Point Modern
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
- Tremolo Arm: Standard Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Parchment Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt "F" Stamped
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker 2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||pau ferro fingerboard|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.