Seen here in a classic Olympic White finish, the Fender Player Lead III is a fantastic tribute to the rare, original 1982 model.
Rare Fender Guitar
With the original version of the Fender Lead III only being made in 1982 it has become a rare Fender guitar.
Boasting unique electronics and a new design, this electric guitar is quite sought after by collectors.
Now, coming out of Fender's acclaimed factory in Ensenada, Mexico, the Fender Player Lead III revives this rare electric guitar, delivering great performance at an affordable price.
Fender Player Lead III Electric Guitar Olympic White Key Features:
- Return of Rare Fender Guitar
- Distinctive Lead Double Cutaway Body Shape
- Modern "C" Shape Neck with Satin Finish
- 9.5" Radius Pau Ferro Fretboard
- 2 x Player Series Alnico 2 Humbuckers
- 3-Way Pickup Switching
- Versatile Coil-Splitting Options
Distinctive Body Shape
With a distinctive body shape that still boasts unmistakeable Fender style, the Fender Player Lead III is an attractive guitar.
The ergonomic shape adds to the playing comfort while its double cutaway design provides easy access to the higher frets.
A maple neck with a beautifully smooth satin finish is attached to the body and has a comfortable modern "C" profile.
Atop the neck is a Pau Ferro fretboard with a 9.5" radius and 22 medium jumbo frets for all around playability.
Versatile Coil-Splitting Options
Despite its unique appearance, the versatile electronics are what really make the Fender Player Lead III stand out.
Fitted with two humbuckers sporting Alnico II magenets, the Fender Player Lead III has powerful tone with vintage flavour.
Two toggle switches are on board to help you really shape your sound.
With the first switch you can select which pickups to activate - either one individually or bother together at once.
The second toggle switch allows for coil splitting so you can go between the full fat sound of humbuckers or the distinctive, thinner tone of single-coil pickups.
In position 1, you split the bridge pickup while position 3 splits the neck pickup. Put the switch in the middle to keep both pickups in humbucker mode.
You can further shape your sound with the Master Volume and Master Tone knobs.
Simple But Effective Hardware
A 6-saddle string-through-body hardtail bridge can be found on the body of the Fender Player Lead III.
No tremolo, the bridge acts as a solid anchor, working with the natural resonance of the Lead III's alder body.
This resonance and string-through-body design help to increase the sustain too which is great for really singing leads.
Vintage style tuners featuring the classic "F" logo can be found on the headstock.
These tuners add to the old-school aesthetic of the Fender Player Lead III while providing precise and secure tuning.
Stand Out From The Crowd
Only produced during 1982, the Fender Lead III is one of Fender's rarer guitars.
Featuring a distinctive look and unique electronics, the Fender Player Lead III will really help you stand out.
Buy the Fender Player Lead III from PMT Online now for a highly versatile guitar with unique looks and tone.
Fender Player Lead III Electric Guitar Olympic White Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Colour: Olympic White
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Profile: Modern "C"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Back, Gloss Urethane Front
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage "F" Logo
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail with Block Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/ White / Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel / Chrome
- Pickups: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucking (Bridge and Neck)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 2 x 3-Position Toggle
- Front 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Rear 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Splits Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Off, Position 3. Splits Neck Pickup
- Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
|Packed Weight (kg)||5.0000|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||pau ferro fingerboard|
|Guitar Style||double cutaway|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.