Fender Jaguar, Johnny Marr Signature Series Electric Guitar in Olympic White
As far as iconic British bands go, Manchester outfit The Smiths are certainly up there with The Beatles and Rolling Stones for many people. Their strikingly distinct sound has stood the test of time, with their fanbase constantly growing year upon year across all demographics. One of the key factors in the creation of that sound is guitarist/arranger/songwriter Johnny Marr, a veritable master of melody, layering and texture, and this signature series Jaguar is a superb non-standard model that is as distinctive as the sounds he produces with it.
A highly versatile, visually stunning custom guitar
Four-Way Pickup Switch
Eschewing the tradition Jaguar "slide" switches, Johnny has opted for a four-way pickup selector blade which gives you the option of each pickup individually, both pickups in parallel and both pickups in series, making for an incredibly versatile tonal experience.
Bridge Post / Tremolo Arm Sleeve Nylon Inserts
These inserts are purely functional in nature - the bridge post inserts help improve the bridges stability, and the Tremolo Arm Sleeve insert helps keep the arm from swinging loose.
Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
This great original-era Fender electric guitar finish is still used today on select instruments. The finish is thin, porous and delicate, and is prized for sonic qualities that let the guitar's body woods breathe with their true tonal character, as well as ageing in a distinctive way that many players find appealing.
Custom Neck Profile
This custom profile is based directly on Johnny's own 1965 Fender Jaguar, and has a comfortably broken-in feel to it, making for that authentic vintage playing experience.
Custom "Bare Knuckle" Pickups
Accurately designed and constructed in line with Johnny's very own specifications, these custom-wound single-coil pickups are as versatile as you could wish for, especially with the 4-way pickup selector and the two "Bright" slide switches. Speaking of which...
Two "Bright" Slide Switches
Housed in the guitars upper-horn is an extra-special design element - a pair of slide switches. The first is a "universal" bright switch that helps kick everything up a notch or two. The second is only affects the pickups once the pickup switch is in the "series" position.
PMT Finance & Free Delivery
As with all items over £250, you can purchase this guitar using our range of finance options (including 0% interest), helping you to spread the cost out over several months. If you order this guitar before 3pm today you will qualify for our fast, free and reliable next-day delivery service (UK customers only, subject to stock levels).
If you have any queries regarding availability or our rage of payment and delivery options, please contact our sales team directly on 0151 448 2080.
- Maple neck base don Marr's 1965 Jaguar, with custom profile and vintage-style heel truss rod adjustment
- 7.25"-radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets
- Dual custom-wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr single-coil pickups
- Four-position blade pickup switch mounted in lower-horn chrome plate
- Dual upper-horn slide switches (universal bright and pickup-switch position four bright)
- Jaguar bridge with Mustang saddles, nylon post inserts for improved stability and chrome cover
- Vintage-style floating tremolo tailpiece and "taller" tremolo arm with nylon sleeve insert to prevent arm swing
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Shape: Custom (based on Johnny's '65 Jaguar)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Scale Length: 24"
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Pickups: Custom-Wound Bare Knuckle Johnny Marr Single Coils
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 4-Way Pickup Selector
- Bridge: Jaguar Bridge with Mustang Saddles & Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo Tailpiece
- Accessories: Hardshell Case (w/ Blue Interior), Strap, Cable, set of Flatwound Strings
|Body Size||Full Size|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jaguar style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*