The Fender Jimmy Page Telecaster, seen here as the White Blonde Mirror Tele iteration takes us right back to Jimmy Page's time with The Yardbirds and the early days of Led Zeppelin.
Before the Dragon
Bursting onto the scene with “Good Times Bad Times”, their first single and the opening track to their debut album, Led Zeppelin changed rock music forever.
But what guitar did Jimmy Page use on that fateful song? This one.
Originally owned by John Owen of the Deltones, the legendary ’59 Telecaster became the property of Jeff Beck before being gifted to Jimmy Page in 1966 when it went on to create history.
Used as Jimmy Page’s main guitar on the first Led Zeppelin album and to provide the famous solo on “Stairway to Heaven”, the Jimmy Page Telecaster is a key ingredient of the Led Zeppelin sound.
While in Page’s hands, this guitar went through a few visual incarnations, starting out as a White Blonde Telecaster before being decorated with several circular mirrors and eventually taking on a hand painted dragon design.
Now, we give you the opportunity to own an incredible recreation of this iconic electric guitar in its original White Blonde form.
Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster RW White Blonde Key Features:
- 50s 2-Piece Body Finished in White Blonde
- Jimmy Page Custom Neck Profile
- Custom Designed Jimmy Page Pickups
- Fender "Dual" Top-Loader Bridge Assembly
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Special Neck Plate
- Includes Black Coil Cable, “Stained Glass” Guitar Strap and Mirrors
- Made in Corona, California, USA
The Incredible Recreation
As with the legendary original ’59 Telecaster, this Fender Jimmy Page Signature Telecaster is made from Ash with its beautiful natural grain visible beneath the White Blonde finish.
With a single cutaway body, the Telecaster gives you easy access to the higher frets – essential for high-reaching guitar solos.
Attached to the body is a gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finished Maple neck with a very playable “Oval-C” shape.
Atop the neck is an old-school 7.25” radius slab Rosewood fretboard holding 21 vintage size frets for authentic playing feel.
In order to get the awesome guitar tone the original delivered, the Fender Jimmy Page Telecaster signature guitar requires authentic electronics.
To achieve this, the Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster is fitted with Jimmy Page Custom ’59 Tele pickups.
A 3-way pickup selector is installed so you can choose between either pickup or a combination of the two while Master Volume and Master Tone knobs allow for further sonic shaping.
High Quality, Vintage Style Hardware
On the headstock of the Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster, you’ll find Pure Vintage single line “Fender Deluxe” tuning machines. These offer precise and secure tuning of your strings while providing that authentic vintage appearance.
Down on the body, you’ll find a 3-saddle vintage style tele bridge with threaded steel saddles. This provides fantastic intonation while increasing sustain.
With this bridge, you also have the option of stringing through the body or top-load stringing which gives you rounder, warmer tone with less tension on the strings so you can bend them even easier.
Own A Piece of Rock Music History
Included with the Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster is a vintage tweed case; the perfect place to protect your investment at home or on the road. It also comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, A vintage-style “stained glass” guitar strap and a black coil cable.
But wait, there’s more! In the case, you’ll also find eight mirrors and a template so you can place them on the guitar exactly how Jimmy Page famously adorned his own Fender Telecaster back in the day.
Buy the Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster from Professional Music Technology today and own a piece of rock music history.
Fender Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster Specs:
- Model Name: Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster, Rosewood Fingerboard, White Blonde
- Model #: 0119210801
- Series: Artist Series
- Country of Origin: US
- Colour: White Blonde
- Body: 2-Piece Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Jimmy Page Custom "Oval C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Vintage
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom '59 Tele
- Neck Pickup: Jimmy Page Custom '59 Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage Style Tele with Threaded Steel Saddles Top-Load or Strings-Through-Body
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: COA Black Coil Cable 8 Mirrors and Template for correct placement
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Tweed Case
- Dimensions: 6.30x17.40x43.60 IN
- Weight: 23.50 LB
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*