Fender FSR American Vintage '72 Telecaster Custom, Sonic Black Finish
Throughout the mid-to-late 1960s it had become clear that more and more guitarists were steering towards the thicker sound of humbucker-equipped guitars, and so Fender set to developing an instrument for the (then) modern market, alongside renowned pickup innovator Seth Lover. Years later, the new pickup had been perfected, and the Telecaster Custom was born!
Vintage-Stylings, Vintage Sound, Modern Playability
Based on those original, supremely popular instruments, this Fender Special Run (FSR) American Vintage '72 Telecaster helps to recreate those powerful rock and roll tones as favoured over the decades by the likes of Keith Richards and The Edge (amongst others).
Featuring a solid Ash body, a Fender Wide-Ranging Humbucker in the neck position, American Vintage Single-Coil bridge pickup, faux tortoiseshell pickguard, vintage-style three-saddle thru-body Tele bridge, chrome hardware, and a Sonic Black finish, this guitar would make a prized addition to any guitar enthusiasts collection.
Despite being in production for almost as long as a traditional Telecaster, the Telecaster Custom - with it's Neck Humbucker and Bridge Single Coil - is still considered to be unusual for some, but it comes together perfectly on this guitar.
With the Modern Wide Range humbucker, you get a pickup that not only looks the part, but helps to accurately recreate those dreamy early-70's neck humbucker tones. Combined with the vintage style Tele bridge pickup, the array of tones this guitar can produce are as versatile as you could wish for.
Authorised Fender UK Dealer
PMT are proud to be considered one of the largest Fender stockists in the UK, and as such we a;ways encourage our customers to head into their local PMT store to play-test any Fender instruments that they are considering buying. Alternatively, order this guitar online today and make use of our fabulous 0% finance and free home-delivery options!
- Body: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Colour: Black
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
- Frets: 21, Vintage-Style
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Truss Rod: "Bullet" Style
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Fender Wide Range Humbucking
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle. Position 1 - Bridge Pickup, Position 2 - Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3 - Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1 (Middle Pickup), Volume 2, (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Vintage "F" Stamped
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Grooved Steel Barrel Saddles
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- Other Features: Improved/Revoiced Wide Range Humbucking Pickup. 3-Bolt Neck Plate with Micro-TiltTM Adjustment. "Bullet" Truss Rod Nut. Skirted Amp Control Knobs. Dual Wing String Trees
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*