David Gilmour's tone is the stuff or legend, there's no doubt about it. Responsible for creating some of the most iconic guitar-work of the last 40+ years, Gilmour's sound is as recognisable as any of the big names out there - if not, more so - so you know that any signature series guitar with his name on it is going to sound sublime.
Custom Pickup Set, For that Classic Gilmour Tone
This Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature NOS Stratocaster has been developed in close collaboration with both Gilmour and his longtime guitar technician, Phil Taylor. This reproduction of Gilmour's famous "Black Strat" (arguably the cornerstone of Pink Floyd's sound) features the same unmistakable look, sound and feel as the titular "Black Strat", and is available to buy now here at PMT Online.
Featuring the same famous black nitrocellulose finish of the original instrument, a select alder body, black pickguard, one-piece maple neck, a custom set of pickups (see Technical Specs below for more details), Gilmour's very own distinctive electronics, and a shortened vintage tremolo arm, this beautifully crafted guitar is as powerful and individual as Gilmour's own distinctive playstyle. Not only that, but the NOS (New Old Stock) prefix refers to an instrument that is a vintage reproduction in every way, but without any of the ageing, making it essentially a New Vintage guitar.
As if that alone wasn't enough, the guitar also comes with an array of extras, including a custom hard case, Evidence Audio high-end guitar cable, and Gilmour's three-disc Live in Gdansk CD/DVD package.
- Thin-Shouldered "C" Neck Shape (Duplicated from David's 1983 U.S. Vintage '57 Strat Neck)
- Shortened Tremolo Arm
- Custom Beveled Tremolo Block
- No Back Tremolo Cover Plate
- Black Dot Position Inlays (Narrow Spacing)
- Aged White Pickup Covers
- Aged Parchment Control Knobs
Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature NOS Stratocaster Black Specs
- Model Name: David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster NOS, Maple Fingerboard, Black Finish
- Model Number: 0150068806
- Series: Custom Artist
- Colour: Black
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: 1983 Thin-Shouldered "C" (0.790" to 0.870" taper)
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.675"
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialised
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom-Wound Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck Pickup), Tone 2 (Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Control: 5-way Selector Switch
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronised Tremolo with Custom Beveled Tremolo Block and Shortened Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Oritentation: Right-Hand
- Pickguard: 1-Ply BLack
- Control Knobs: Parchment, Plastic
- Accessories (Included): Hardshell Case, Evidence Audio High-End Guitar Cable, Custom Leather Strap, GHS DG Boomers Strings, David Gilmour's Three-Disc "Live in Gdansk" CD/DVD Package
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.