To many Fender enthusiasts, the original 1950s models will always be the best. These stunning guitars opened peoples ears to the sonic possibilities that a solid bodied electric guitar could produce, whilst also offering a much more comfortable playing experience than the larger-bodied semi-hollow guitars of the day.
The Essence of the 50's Rekindled
With the all-new Fender Classic Series 50s Stratocaster you get a guitar that evokes the spirit of the USA's Golden Era - a time when Rock and Roll began rearing its head amongst the mainstream, where cars with huge fins were a regular sight on the streets of LA, and where these new-fangled instruments were appearing from a tiny little company in Southern California named "Fender Electronic Instrument Manufacturing Company".
Rock Solid Sensibility
Featuring those classic Fender Stratocaster body curves, a "soft V"-shaped maple neck with maple fingerboard, a 2-Tone Sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and a set of Vintage-Style Single Coil Stratocaster pickups, this guitar is certainly a dream to play.
Whilst the Fender Stratocaster's looks and playability were what hooked many guitarists once they'd tried one, the array of tones they could showcase is arguably what got them interested in the first place. The pickups in this guitar reproduce that same brilliant clarity, definition, and harmonic articulation of those original single coils.
"Soft V"-Shaped Neck Profile
A softer alternative to the traditional "Hard V", this particular neck profile is often preferred by players more comfortable with their thumb hanging over the edge of the fingerboard when they play (Stevie Ray Vaughn being a notable example).
Try Before You Buy
Keep your eyes peeled for this stunning guitar landing at a PMT Store near you soon, and be sure to request an in-store demonstration with one of our resident product experts. Don't forget that you can also order this guitar online today and make use of our fabulous array of finance options (including with 0% interest) allowing you to spread the cost over several months.
- Fender Classic Series Stratocaster with 50's-Era Specifications
- 2-color sunburst nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Maple neck with â€œsoft V"-shaped profile and â€œsmall" headstock
- 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style single-coil Stratocaster pickups with staggered pole pieces
- Modern five-way pickup switch
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, with Standard Truss Rod
- Neck Shape: Soft "V"
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" Radius (184.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.650"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Frets: 21, Vintage Style
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Strat (Neck, Middle, and Bridge)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade - Position 1 Bridge Pickup, Position 2 Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3 Middle Pickup, Position 4 Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5 Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1 (Neck Pickup), Tone 2 (Middle Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250R, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Tweed Case
|Case Included||hard case|
|Neck Wood||maple neck|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*