Fender Classic Player Baja ‘60s Telecaster, seen here in a beautifully retro Faded Sonic Blue, an awesome throwback with real vintage ‘60s vibe.
Classic Player Baja Telecaster
Fender Custom Shop master builder, Chris Fleming, has taken his own original Baja Telecaster design and upgraded it to produce the Classic Player Baja ‘60s Telecaster.
Coming to you with full-on 1960s vibe and Tele style, the Baja Telecaster has some great features such as a comfortable ‘60s “C” shaped neck profile, American Vintage pickups and circuitry switching capabilities.
Telecaster Style and Quality Construction
To craft the classic Telecaster body shape, Fender have used Alder, while a 4-bolt neck plate featuring a “Custom Shop Designed” engraving connects the neck.
Maple has been used for the neck which has a ‘60s “C” shape profile that is extremely comfortable and playable.
Slightly thicker than what you’d normally find on a Telecaster, this neck provides a smooth and comfortable experience for the fretting hand.
A Pau Ferro fretboard with 9.5” radius has been used and features 21 medium jumbo frets while dot position inlays mark the way.
Special Electronics with S-1 Switch
A pair of American Vintage Single-Coil Telecaster pickups give the Classic Player Telecaster a classic sound to match its looks and playability.
In the neck position, you’ll find an American Vintage ’52 single-coil while in the bridge position there’s the perfect complement; an American Vintage ’58 single-coil pickup.
These pickups have been specially voiced after meticulous research and crafted to reproduce the authentic design and performance of the classic Fender guitars of the 1960s.
A four-position blade allows you to select your preferred pickup output with parallel and in series switching:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Parallel)
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Position 4. Bridge and Neck Pickups (In Series)
Giving you even more tonal control, the Fender Classic Player Baja ‘60s Telecaster makes use of the innovative S-1 switch that allows you to switch between alternate wiring options at the push of a button.
The Fender S-1 Switch is discreetly situated as a button on the volume control knob offering mid-play tonal adjustments with a quick tap.
Master Volume and Master Tone knobs give allow you to adjust your overall sound.
American Vintage Hardware
On the body of the Baja Telecaster you’ll find a three-saddle American Vintage Telecaster bridge as a tip of the hat to the vintage Telecasters of the 1950s, ‘60s and ‘70s.
The strings-through-body design of the bridge aids the transfer of vibration from the strings, enhancing the sustain.
At the headstock, you’ll find vintage-style tuning machines that offer precise and stable tuning along with a dose of retro flair
Distinctive Tele Style
With the release of the Fender Classic Player Baja ‘60s Telecaster, you have the opportunity to own a real Fender Custom Shop designed Telecaster with real ‘60s style and sound without breaking the bank!
All of that distinctive Tele style brought to you with 50s’ style pickups and ‘60s style appointments – the Baja ‘60s Telecaster is a classic guitar lover’s dream come true.
Fender Classic Player Baja ‘60s Telecaster in Faded Sonic Blue Key Features:
- American Vintage ’52 Tele (Neck) and ’58 Tele (Bridge) Pickups
- Special Four-Way Pickup Switch
- In Series and Parallel Pickup Options
- S-1 Switch for Further Tonal Potential
- American Vintage Telecaster Bridge with Three Brass Saddles
Fender Classic Player Baja ‘60s Telecaster in Faded Sonic Blue Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish; Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish; Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: ‘60s “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5” (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650” (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage ’58 Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage’52 Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1 Switch), Master Tone
- Configuration: SS
- Special Electronics: S-1 Switch
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Tele with Brass Barrel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with “Custom Shop Designed” Engraving
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS (.009 - .042 Gauges)
- Other Features: Knurled Chrome Flat-Top Control Knobs, “Barrel” Switch Tip, 4-Bolt Neckplate with “Custom Shop Designed” Engraving, Single “Wing” String Tree
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
|Series||Classic Player Series|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||pau ferro fingerboard|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*