AMERICAN VINTAGE '65 JAGUAR
The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender's roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it's going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender's best selling guitars (their early-'80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was "back" as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, we've completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars we tracked down to make sure we had it right. We did the work, and it shows, because there's pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
The American Vintage '65 Jaguar guitar marks a key chapter in the guitar's history. That is, after surf and before punk, when the sole '60s member of Fender's big four guitars staked its own gradually growing claim in the hearts and hands of a select group of alternative-minded guitarists who appreciated its distinctive design and offbeat status. The classic Jaguar shorter scale, dual-circuit layout and sleekly chromed-out design are here, along with a bound round-laminated fingerboard and larger pearl dot inlays. Elegant touches the Jaguar acquired in 1965, merely three years after its introduction.
- Body Shape - Jaguar
- Body Material - Alder
- Body Finish - Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Material - Maple
- Neck Shape - Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length - 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius - 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets - 22
- Fret Size - Vintage-Style
- String Nut - Bone
- Nut Width - 1.650" (42 mm)
- Neck Plate: - Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish - Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Fingerboard - Bound Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Position Inlays - Pearloid Dot
- Bridge Pickup - American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Neck Pickup - American Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Controls - Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching - 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Pickup Configuration - SS
- Bridge - American Vintage Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button
- Tuning Machines - Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Orientation - Right-Hand
- Pickguard - 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs - Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jaguar style|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*