Fender American Performer Precision Bass MN Penny
Availability: OUT OF STOCK
Available to Order from our Suppliers
Brand new from Fender, and a welcome addition to the Professional-Grade category of instruments, the Fender American Performer series is here. As part of this series you'll find such gems as the Fender American Performer Precision Bass MN Penny - a stunningly versatile new P-bass.
Fender American Performer Precision Bass MN Penny Highlights
- All-new professional-grade Precision Bass from Fender
- Lightweight Alder body with a Metallic Penny finish
- Smooth Maple neck with a Modern "C"-shaped profile
- PJ Split and Single coil pickup configuration, with new Fender Yosemite bass pickups
- Greasebucket tone circuitry lets you shape your highs without adding lows
- Includes padded Fender gig bag
- Home Delivery options available
A Modern Take On An All-Time Classic
The Fender Precision (or P-Bass for short) was originally designed by Leo Fender in 1950 as an amplifiable, lightweight alternative to the cumbersome double basses of the day.
Whilst the instrument has seen some modernisation over the decades, it's post-1957 configuration has remained the standard for more than 60 years, and as a result is the model which bass players from all backgrounds consistently return to.
Fender American Performer Series
Made in Corona, California, the American Performer Series Precision Bass has been made to offer the exceptional tone and feel you've come to expect from the P-Bass - but with all-new features designed to inspire you on to greatness.
First of all this bass features a relatively lightweight Alder body, and a satin-finished Maple neck topped with a Maple fingerboard, offering a level of comfort that we think you'll find agreeable.
Also featuring newly designed Yosemite pickups in a PJ configuration, a Master Greasebucket Tone Circuit (more on that later) and even a Deluxe Gig Bag to keep it safe, this P-Bass is perfect for the consummate professional.
What Are Yosemite Pickups?
Newly designed for the American Performer Series of instruments, Yosemite pickups feature flat-staggered pole pieces and shellac potting. This results in an increased output, while at the same time allowing the coils to breathe, therefore minimising feedback.
Ideal for any musical situation, this Split Coil and Single Coil pickup configuration produces an array of rich, expressive tones. With the thumping Split Coil Precision pickup sitting in the mid position, and the growling Single Coil Jazz Pickup at the bridge, this bass is as versatile and dynamic as you could want it to be.
In addition to each pickup having independent Volume control pots, there's a Master Greasebucket Tone Circuit to contend with. Greasebucket tone circuitry allows you to shape your tonal highs without adding any extra bass into the mix, preserving your tone and letting every note ring out.
Modern Neck Profile
Another modern feature on the American Performer Series P-Bass is the inclusion of a Modern "C" profile neck shape. Furthermore, his neck comes complete with a 9.5"-radius Maple fingerboard, making it comfortable for pretty much any playing style, and its 20 Jumbo Frets really allow your musical expressiveness to shine through.
Order Yours Today
Order this fantastic instrument at PMT Online and make use of our awesome range of Home Delivery options!
Fender American Performer Precision Bass MN Penny Specs
- Series: American Performer
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Penny
- Neck: Maple, Modern â€œCâ€
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5â€ (241 mm)
- Frets: 20, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.625â€ (41.3 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender â€œFâ€ Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34â€ (864 mm)
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style with Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Yosemite Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge), Yosemite Split Single-Coil Precision Bass (Middle)
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Greasebucket Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.030000|
|Case Included||gig bag|
|Nut Width||1.625" (41.3mm)|
|Neck Wood||Maple Neck|
|Pickup Config||1 x split coil 1 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||4 string|
|Body Material||alder body|
|Body Size||full size|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||precision style|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!