The Fender American Original ‘60s Telecaster, seen here in a gorgeous Lake Placid Blue, gives you the fantastic experience of playing a legendary ‘60s Fender Tele with a great modern feel.
Return of the 1960s Telecaster
One of the most versatile electric guitars of all time, the Fender Telecaster is known as the ultimate workhorse guitar due to its flexible tonal options, great style and smooth playing feel.
Moving into the 1960s, Rosewood fingerboards became the standard with the release of the Telecaster Custom which also featured a double-bound body and a 3-ply pickguard.
With the American Original ‘60s Telecaster, Fender have combined period accurate sound and style from the ‘60s with modern, fast-playing performance and pickup switching.
Fender American Original ‘60s Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue Key Features:
- Alder Body with Lacquer Finish
- Two Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Telecaster Pickups
- Mid-60s "C"-Shaped Neck Profile
- 9.5"-Radius Fingerboard
- Vintage-Style Hardware; Telecaster Bridge with Three Steel Saddles
- Includes Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
Crafting the American Original ‘60s Telecaster
Alder has been used to craft the iconic Telecaster body and it has been double bound for an extra secure build and a great look, while its cutaway design allows for easy reach of the higher frets – essential for guitar solos, lead guitar and other adventurous styles.
The Maple neck has a mid-60s “C” shaped profile providing a comfortable grip for your fretting hand and features a modern 9.5” radius round-laminated Rosewood fretboard while sporting Vintage
Tall size frets - another nod to this incredible guitar’s legendary origins.
The gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the American Original ‘60s Telecaster is another great feature as it allows the wood to “breathe” naturally with resonant tone while also aging in a distinctive and extremely appealing way.
Vintage Style Hardware and Electronics
On the body of the guitar is a three-saddle vintage-style Tele bridge featuring slotted steel saddles like you’d expect from a real 1960s Telecaster.
The strings-through-body design of the bridge enhances sustain so the American Original ‘60s Telecaster will really sing.
Up on the headstock, you’ll find six Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe" tuning machines allowing you to precisely, and securely tune your strings while they add an extra bit of vintage aesthetic to this gorgeous guitar.
Retaining the legendary sound of a true 1960s Fender Telecaster, the Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil Tele pickups are as period-correct as possible.
From their enamel-coated coil wire and cloth-covered output wires to the fibre bobbins and Alnico 5 magnets – these amazing pickups really give you that authentic ‘60s Fender sound.
The bridge pickup has a copper shielding plate which adds a little extra sizzle to your tone while the pole pieces have been staggered to ensure balanced volume across all the strings.
A three-way pickup selector switch allows you to choose how you’d like to use the pickups:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickup
- Position 3. Neck Pickup
You can further adjust your overall output by way of Master Volume and Master Tone control knobs. With his many tonal options, it’s no wonder why the Fender Telecaster remains so popular after all these decades.
Includes Hardshell Case
The Fender American Original ‘60s Telecaster even comes with a deluxe hardshell case with a black interior – the perfect way to store your guitar and protect it on your way to gigs.
With its authentic features such as the accurate 1960s design, vintage-style hardware and incredible electronics, the Fender American Original ‘60s Telecaster allows you to experience the amazing style and tone that has made Fender such a huge influence on modern music.
Fender American Original ‘60s Telecaster in Lake Placid Blue Specs:
- Body Material: Double Bound Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: ‘60s "C"
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Grey-Bottom Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Grey-Bottom Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade - Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Strings-Through-Body Tele with Slotted Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Hardshell Case (Black Interior)
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
|Case Included||hard case|
|Nut Width||1.650" (42mm)|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
August 8, 2016Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.