The American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster, seen here in a classic 3-Colour Sunburst, gives you the fantastic experience of playing a legendary ‘60s Fender Jazzmaster but with great modern features.
The ‘60s Jazzmaster Awakens
With its elegant appointments and sophisticated controls, the Fender Jazzmaster was originally designed to appeal to jazz guitarists but it soon founds its way into the hands of a number of rebellious players.
From surf music, to punk and indie rock – the Fender Jazzmaster’s flexible sound and unique tone gave voice to a rebellion.
Now, the Fender American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster faithfully recreates that same rebellious voice and style while incorporating a smooth, modern playability.
Fender American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster in 3-Colour Sunburst Key Features:
- Alder Body with Lacquer Finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster Pickups
- ’60s C-Shaped Neck Profile
- 9.5” Radius Round-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard
- Floating Tremolo Bridge with Lock Button and Push-In Arm
- Vintage-Style Hardware
- Includes Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
Crafting the American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster
Alder has been used to craft the distinctive body shape of the Jazzmaster with its offset waist giving it a beautifully elegant aesthetic while the cutaway allows for easy reach of the higher frets – ideal for solos, high-reaching licks and other adventurous guitar styles.
Attached to the body is a Maple neck with a mid ‘60s “C” shape profile providing a comfortable playing experience while the round-laminated Rosewood fingerboard sports a modern 9.5” radius which provides a familiar playing feeling.
The American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster also features a nitrocellulose lacquer finish which allows the wood to “breathe” naturally with resonant tone and wears in a visually appealing fashion over time.
Authentic Hardware and Jazzmaster Electronics
Allowing you to get that retro whammy sound that is a staple in rock ‘n’ roll and absolutely essential to surf music, the American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster comes equipped with a vintage-style floating tremolo bridge with a tremolo lock button and a vintage-style push-in tremolo arm.
Up on the headstock, you’ll find six Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe" tuning machines allowing you to precisely, and securely tune your strings while they add an extra bit of vintage aesthetic to this gorgeous guitar.
Giving this incredible instrument its authentic 60s Jazzmaster tone is a set of wax-potted Pure Vintage ‘65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster Pickups.
From their enamel-coated coil wire and cloth-covered output wires to the fibre bobbins, Alnico 5 magnets and flush-mounted pole pieces, these amazing pickups really give you that authentic ‘60s Fender sound!
A three-position toggle allows you to choose how you use your pickups; each individually or a combination of the two.
Furthermore, true to the Jazzmaster’s origins, you can easily switch between “Lead” and “Rhythm” circuits with separate volume and tone controls for each circuit for complete tonal manipulation.
Includes Deluxe Hardshell Case
The Fender American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster even comes with a deluxe brown hardshell case with a gold interior – the perfect way to store your guitar and protect it on your way to gigs.
If you want the authentic Fender sound of the ‘60s, the American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster provides an incredible experience with the amazing performance, style and sound of 1960s innovation.
Fender American Original ‘60s Jazzmaster in 3-Colour Sunburst Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Shape: Mid ‘60s “C”
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '65 Single-Coil Jazzmaster
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle - Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Auxiliary Switching: "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Tremolo Arm: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Brown Shell
- Control Knobs: Aged White “Witch Hat”
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case (Gold Interior)
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
|Nut Width||1.650" (42mm)|
|Pickup Config||3 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jazzmaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.