The Fender American Original '60s Jaguar, seen here in a classic Daphne Blue, gives you the awesome experience of playing a legendary '60s Fender Jaguar but with great modern features.
Return of The Jaguar
Originally released in 1962, the Jaguar was Fender's top-of-the-line electric guitar and came packed with features such as its unique electronics and short-scale length.
It went on to inspire guitarists in a wide range of musical genres from surf to punk and is used to this day by many top names in music such as Johnny Marr.
With the American Original '60s Jaguar, the superb sound and easy playability of the original-era Jag returns with a few adjustments for a modern feel.
Fender American Original '60s Jaguar in Daphne Blue Key Features:
- Alder Body with Lacquer Finish
- Two Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar Pickups
- Classic Lead/Rhythm Circuit Switching
- Bass-Cut "Strangle" Switch
- '60s C-Shaped Neck Profile
- 9.5" Radius Fingerboard
- Includes Vintage-Style Hardshell Case
- Crafting the American Original '60s Jaguar
Alder has been used to craft the distinctive body shape of the Jaguar with its offset waist giving it a beautifully elegant aesthetic while the cutaway design allows for easy reach of the higher frets – ideal for solos, high-reaching licks and other adventurous guitar styles.
Attached to the body is a Maple neck with a '60s "C" shape profile providing a comfortable playing experience while the round-laminated Rosewood fingerboard sports a modern 9.5" radius which provides a familiar playing feeling.
The American Original '60s Jaguar also features a nitrocellulose lacquer finish which allows the wood to "breathe" naturally with resonant tone and wears in a visually appealing fashion over time.
Authentic Vintage-Style Hardware
Allowing you to get that retro whammy sound that is a staple in rock 'n' roll and absolutely essential to surf music, the American Original '60s Jaguar comes equipped with a vintage-style floating tremolo bridge with a tremolo lock button and a vintage-style push-in tremolo arm.
Up on the headstock, you'll find six Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe" tuning machines allowing you to precisely, and securely tune your strings while they add an extra bit of vintage aesthetic to this gorgeous guitar.
Unique Jaguar Electronics
Giving this incredible instrument its authentic 60s Jaguar tone is a set of wax-potted Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar Pickups.
From their enamel-coated coil wire and cloth-covered output wires to the fibre bobbins and Alnico 5 magnets, these amazing pickups really give you that authentic '60s Fender sound!
A three-position toggle allows you to choose how you use your pickups; each individually or a combination of the two.
True to the Jaguar's origins, a two position on/off slide switch allows you to easily switch between "Lead" and "Rhythm" circuits with separate volume and tone controls for each circuit for complete tonal manipulation.
Another nifty little feature that really sets the Jaguar apart is the bass-cut "strangle" switch – use this to get that extra cut you've been looking for!
Includes Deluxe Hardshell Case
The Fender American Original '60s Jaguar even comes with a deluxe brown hardshell case with a gold interior – the perfect way to store your guitar and protect it on your way to gigs.
With its authentic, vintage-style hardware, original-era body radii and incredible electronics, buy the Fender American Original '60s Jaguar to get the incredible experience of playing an iconic guitar with all the style and tone that has helped made Fender a household name for guitarists.
Fender American Original '60s Jaguar in Daphne Blue Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
- Neck Shape: '60s "C"
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style Butt Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '62 Single-Coil Jaguar
- Controls: Lead Circuit: Volume, Tone. Rhythm Circuit: Volume, Tone
- Switching: 2-On/Off Slide Switches, One for Each Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and "Rhythm" Circuits
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide Switch for Bass-Cut "Strangle" Circuit
- Bridge: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Bridge Cover/Tailpiece: Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Push-In Tremolo Arm
- Tremolo Arm: Vintage-Style Tremolo Arm
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Single Line "Fender Deluxe"
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Neck Mounting: 4-Bolt
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case (Gold Interior)
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
|Case Included||hard case|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||jaguar style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.