When designing the American Elite Telecaster Thinline, Fender focused on innovation to deliver a semi-hollow guitar for the modern guitarist.
Seen here in a beautifully natural finish and Maple fretboard combination, the Telecaster Thinline has heaps of style, substance and incredible tone.
Hot-Rodded Semi-Hollow Guitar
Innovation of an Absolute Icon
Fender have designed the American Elite Telecaster Thinline to be the go-to work horse for the modern guitarist and as such it had to be a versatile guitar.
Building on the legacy of the well-loved Fender Telecaster, the Telecaster Thinline is incredibly flexible tone. With cutting edge technology and classic Fender style complementing each other perfectly, the Telecaster Thinline is easy to play and sounds great.
Part of the new design that makes the Fender American Elite series extremely playable is the all-new American Elite neck and neck heel.
A new compound neck profile provides ultimate comfort and extreme playability. Starting with a modern “C” shape at the nut, gradually becoming a modern “D” shaped profile – this neck is easier, more comfortable and more fun to play than ever before.
The 9.5” – 14” compound radius fretboard shapes the playing area nicely for improved riffing and chording at the low end of the fretboard while lead work and solos are easier than ever towards the higher frets.
An updated neck heel smoothly blends into the neck volute to provide enhanced ergonomic support and an a more comfortable feel while playing.
Enhanced Electronics with S-1 Switch
Fender American Elite Telecaster Thinlines make use of the all-new 4th generation Noiseless pickups that are actually exclusive to the American Elite Series. These incredible pickups give you the classic style of a single coil pickup but with none of the drawbacks such as hum, buzz and other unwanted noise.
At the cutting edge of Fender’s pickup designs, the 4th gen Noiseless pickups offer incredibly diverse sonic performance from crisp and clear cleans to huge overdriven tones for that full rock flavour.
For further tonal control, the Fender American Elite Telecaster Thinline makes use of the innovative S-1 switch that allows you to switch between alternate wiring options at the push of a button.
The Fender S-1 Switch is discreetly situated as a button on the volume control knob offering mid-play tonal adjustments with a quick tap.
Adjust your overall voice with a volume control and tone control coming in the form of knurled flat-top control knobs for that retro look and ease of use.
High End Hardware
Living up to the name of “American Elite”, the Telecaster Thinline has a number of premium appointments.
A new double action truss rod adjustment wheel makes it extremely easy to adjust the neck relief without the need for any special tools.
On the body you’ll find a brand-new suspension bridge utilising a screwless mount which increases vibration transfer so you get significantly improved sustain and incredible response. As a tribute to the legends of Fender’s history, this new Suspension Bridge design retains the classic brass three-barrel design.
At the headstock, you’ll find newly designed locking short-post tuning machines that help with easy and fast re-stringing and improve playability. They also provide an increased break angle at the nut and improve tuning stability.
To sweeten the deal, the Fender American Elite Stratocaster even comes with a redesigned ABS Elite Moulded Case with TSA approved locks so you can transport your new instrument in full confidence that it is completely protected; even when going by plane.
Fender American Elite Telecaster Thinline Key Features:
- Single Cutaway Semi-Hollowbody Electric Guitar
- Two All-New Fourth Generation Noiseless Single-Coil Telecaster Pickups
- S-1 Switching – Switches Between Parallel and Series Pickup Wiring
- Compound Profile Neck; Redesigned Contoured Neck Heel
- 9.5” – 14” Compound Radius Fingerboard
- Locking Short-Post Tuning Machines
- Includes Redesigned ABS Elite Moulded Case with TSA Locks
Fender American Elite Telecaster Thinline Specs:
- Body Material: Semi-Hollow Ash
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Finish; Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Binding: Brown Shell
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Compound Back Shape, Modern “C” to “D”
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Position Inlays: Large Black Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648mm)
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5” – 14” Compound Radius (241mm – 355.6mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Width: 1.685” (42.8mm)
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Bridge Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1 Switch) Master No-Load Tone
- Configuration: SS
- Neck Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: New Elite Suspension Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (All Short Posts)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Brown Shel
- Switch Tip: Barrel Style
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.0099 - .042 Gauges)
- Case: Elite Molded Case
|Case Included||hard case|
|Series||American Elite Series|
|Scale Length||25.5" (64.8 cm)|
|Nut Width||1.685” (42.8 mm)|
|Pickup Config||2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||telecaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
Great for my style.
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*