Fender American Elite Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker– heralding a new standard for an iconic instrument, brings timeless style that has been redesigned for the modern guitar player. Seen here in a classic 3-Colour Sunburst, the Fender American Elite Stratocaster Shawbucker combines great, classic looks and style with modern innovation.
American Made Stratocaster with Shawbucker
New Innovation of an Icon
When Fender approached the American Elite Stratocaster, they paid careful attention to respecting the legacy of the Fender Stratocaster ensuring a revitalisation to meet the demands of boundary-pushing 21st Century guitar players.
Part of the new design that makes the Fender American Elite extremely playable is the all-new American Elite neck and neck heel.
A new compound neck profile provides ultimate comfort and extreme playability. Starting with a modern “C” shape at the nut, gradually becoming a modern “D” shaped profile – this neck is easier, more comfortable and more fun to play than ever before.
The 9.5” – 14” compound radius fretboard shapes the playing area nicely for improved riffing and chording at the low end of the fretboard while lead work and solos are easier than ever towards the higher frets.
An updated neck heel smoothly blends into the neck volute to provide enhanced ergonomic support and an a more comfortable feel while playing.
Fender American Elite Stratocasters make use of the all-new 4th generation Noiseless pickups that are actually exclusive to the American Elite Series. These incredible pickups give you the classic style of a single coil pickup but with none of the drawbacks such as hum, buzz and other unwanted noise.
At the cutting edge of Fender’s pickup designs, the 4th Gen Noiseless pickups offer incredibly diverse sonic performance from crisp and clear cleans to huge overdriven tones for that full rock flavour.
While the 4th Generation Noiseless pickups can be found in the neck and middle pickup positions, in the bridge pickup position you will find a Shawbucker.
Renowned humbucking expert, Tim Shaw, was brought on board by Fender to create a new type of humbucking which became known as the “Shawbucker”. The result is an incredible humbucker with a beautiful musical quality, retaining the clarity and note definition while resistant to 60-cycle hum and other unwanted noise.
For further tonal control, the Fender American Elite Stratocaster makes use of the innovative S-1 switch that allows you to switch between alternate wiring options at the push of a button.
The Fender S-1 Switch is discreetly situated as a button on the volume control knob offering mid-play tonal adjustments with a quick tap.
Adjust your overall voice with a volume control and two tone controls that make use of new soft touch knobs that are easy and comfortable to grip while you’re rocking out.
The Fender American Elite Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker also makes use of a Passing Lane Switch. When you activate this function, essentially the Passing Lane Switch reroutes the bridge pickup and bypasses the tone pickup for extremely hot output and enhanced overtones resulting into an extremely powerful tone that takes your sound to the next level.
The low profile push-push Passing Lane Switch is discreetly located between the tone controls so it’s easy to activate but avoids accidental trigger.
Fender have gone all-out while designing the American Elite Series ensuring that you receive an instrument that truly lives up to the Fender American Elite name.
A new double action truss rod adjustment wheel makes it extremely easy to adjust the neck relief without the need for any special tools.
The bridge is a 2-Point deluxe synchronised tremolo with pop-in arm so you can enjoy secure whammy bar techniques for further expression and dynamics in your performance.
At the headstock, you’ll find newly designed locking short-post tuning machines that help with easy and fast re-stringing and improve playability. They also provide an increased break angle at the nut and improve tuning stability.
To sweeten the deal, the Fender American Elite Stratocaster even comes with a redesigned ABS Elite Moulded Case with TSA approved locks so you can transport your new instrument in full confidence that it is completely protected; even when going by plane.
Bringing you the Stratocaster that you know and love but with some incredible new features that make it better than ever, the Fender American Elite Stratocaster truly delivers.
Fender American Elite Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker Key Features:
- Classic Double Cutaway Electric Guitar Design
- Shawbucker Bridge Pickup
- All-New Fourth Generation Noiseless Pickups
- S-1 Switching for Further Tonal Versatility
- Push-Push Switch for “Passing Lane” Mode
- Compound Profile Neck
- Redesigned Contoured Neck Heel
- 9.5”-14” Compound Radius Fretboard
- New Locking Short-Post Tuning Machines
- Speedy Soft-Touch Control Knobs
- Includes Redesigned ABS Elite Moulded Case with TSA Approved Locks
Fender American Elite Stratocaster HSS Shawbucker Specs:
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: Large Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: Shawbucker™
- Middle Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Neck Pickup: New 4th Generation Noiseless
- Controls: Master Volume (with S-1™ Switch), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
- Switching S-1 Switch Up: Position 1. Bridge Pickup. Position 2. Bridge/Middle Pickup. Position 3. Middle Pickup. Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup. Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HSS
- Special Electronics: Push-Push Passing lane switch to engage Bridge Pickup and bypass tone controls
- Bridge: 2-Point Deluxe Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White Soft Touch Knobs
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Asymmetrical
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case
|Case Included||hard case|
|Series||American Elite Series|
|Scale Length||25.5" (64.8 cm)|
|Nut Width||1.685” (42.8 mm)|
|Pickup Config||1 x humbucker 2 x single coil|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||stratocaster style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||alder body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.