A little beauty, this Mercury is a traditional short-scale parlour model. With the neck joining the body at the 12th fret - rather than the 14th - the strings are held at a slightly lower tension than on regular models. Another implication of the 12th fret join is that the bridge is shifted further from the soundhole.
These features result in a guitar that is physically easier to play, sounds much bigger than you would imagine and is also simple to handle and transport.
Using the combination of Red Cedar and Mahogany, Classic Burst models sound as rich and warm as they look. Using a three-tone burst finish, based on deep browns, reds and amber, this finish is intentionally understated and is a personal favourite of Patrick's.
The tonal character will have emphasis on the lower-midrange with a beautifully warm, vocal nature. The Classic Burst models are bound with Solid Macassan Ebony, and use the same high quality timber for the fingerboards, headplates, heelplates, bridges and bridge pins. Faith Classic Burst guitars are complete with a Faith Hardcase.
- Top Wood Solid Red Cedar
- Back Wood Solid Mahogany (Deep Satin)
- Side Wood Solid Mahogany (Deep Satin)
- Binding Solid Rosewood
- Bracing Material Quarter-Sawn Spruce
- Bracing Pattern Patrick James Eggle X-Brace Design
- Rosette 5mm Abalone with Fibre Border
- Neck Mahogany
- Neck Finish Satin
- Neck Joint Patrick James Eggle Bolt-On Design - 12 Fret to body
- Fingerboard Mcassan Figured Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius 16"
- Fingerboard Inlays Mother of Pearl 'F' at 12th Fret
- Machine Head Grover Rotomatic Gold
- Trussrod 2 Way
- Nut / Saddle TUSQ (PQ-6116)/(PQ-9110)
- Nut Width Nut 43mm or 45mm (see specific model)
- Bridge Macassan Figured Ebony
- Bridge Pins Indian Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Finish Type PU Lacquer Hi-Gloss all over
- Hardcase Included
- Upper bout 240mm
- Lower bout 340mm
- Depth at neck 96mm
- Depth at base 110mm
- Body Length 500mm
- Soundhole Diameter 100mm
- Scale Length 610mm
|Case Included||hard case|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||parlor style|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*