Stop the press, the new EVH Striped Series Shark Electric Guitar is finally here!
Created due to popular demand, and inspired by the original "Shark", featured on the back cover of Van Halen's "Women and Children First" album released in 1980, this eccentric-looking axe is now finally available to own as part of the prestigious Striped Series of EVH guitars.
EVH Striped Series Shark Electric Guitar Highlights
- Uniquely-shaped Eddie Van Halen guitar, inspired by the model he first took on tour in 1978, and which was seen on the back cover of 1980's Women and Children First
- Instantly-recognisable Burgundy and Silver Stripe finish
- Comfortable, modified "C" shaped neck profile
- "Hockey Stick" style headstock
- Fast-playing, 12"-16" compound radius Pau Ferro fingerboard
- Custom-designed EVH Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucker pickups
- Low-friction volume knob with treble bleed circuit
- Custom EVH-stamped Chrome and Gold Gotoh tuning machines
- Includes a pair of turnbuckles, to finalise the authentic look of the original
- Home Delivery options available
The Women and Children First Guitar!
With its uniquely shaped Ash body, along with fitted turnstyles, and familiar Burgundy with Silver Stripes finish, the EVH Striped Series Shark is guaranteed to make you stand out from the crowd on looks alone.
Featuring the kind of high-performance levels of playability you've come to expect from an EVH axe, along with some custom designed EVH Wolfgang alnico 2 humbuckers, this guitar not only looks the part, it also delivers the goods in style.
Super Sleek Neck
Attached to that famous angular body you'll find a rock-solid set maple neck, with a comfortable modified "C" profile. The back of this neck and its familiar Hockey Stick style headstock are both adorned with the same Burgundy and Silver Stripes finish as the body - which is an accurate recreation of the pattern on the original.
Sitting atop this neck you'll find a compound-radius Pau Ferro fingerboard, designed to accommodate the fastest of playing styles with ease, allowing you to pull-off those outrageous Van Halen-esque tapping sections that you just know you'll attempt as soon as you pick this guitar up.
Custom Voiced Pickups
Made especially for the EVH Striped Series guitars, these custom designed EVH Wolfgang alnico 2 Humbuckers deliver the perfect amount of power and articulation.
Featuring the kind of sweet sustain and thick, chunky rhythms that you'd expect from an EVH guitar, but with a perfectly balanced EQ curve, they're the ideal pickup choice for this particular axe.
Available to Order Now
Call into your local PMT Store today, or contact our Online Sales Team directly, if you'd like to know more about the availability of this stunning guitar.
Alternatively, order yours Online today, and once available you can have your very own EVH Striped Series Shark delivered to your home, or your PMT Store of choice.
EVH Striped Series Shark Electric Guitar Specs:
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck: Maple, EVH Backshape .0790â€ @ 3rd Fret, .825â€ @ 12th Fret
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 12â€-16â€ Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Brass, 1.6875â€ (42.86 mm)
- Scale Length: 24.75â€ (629 mm)
- Bridge: EVH Chrome-Plated Solid-Brass Harmonica
Hardware and Electronics
- Tuning Machines: EVH-Branded Custom Gotoh SG381 (Chrome & Gold)
- Pickups: EVH Wolfgang Parchment Pickup w/ Metal Braid Wire (Bridge),
- EVH Wolfgang Black Pickup w/ Metal Braid Wire (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume (500K EVH Bourns Low Friction Pot) with Treble Bleed, Tone
- Control Knobs: Numbered Black Speed
- Hardware: Chrome/Gold/Aluminium/Brass
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges
|Shipping Weight (kg)||6.240000|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||pau ferro fingerboard|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||ash body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge at Checkout
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging. For more information and T&Cs, click the Returns link above!