Used by many guitar-playing legends, and loved by countless guitarists the world over, the Epiphone Sheraton is almost as legendary an instrument as the SG and LP's of the world. Now available as the Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro Midnight Sapphire, this fantastic guitar continues to inspire any who pick one up... and it won't cost you a fortune either.
Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro Midnight Sapphire Highlights
- Superb-quality archtop thinline guitar from Epiphone
- Critically acclaimed ProBucker Humbuckers with coil-splitting function in each pickup's volume control pot
- Traditional Mother of Pearl and Abalone "Block and Triangle" fret Inlays
- Ivory and Black binding to the Body, Neck, Headstock and "F"-Holes
- Graphtech NuBone XL nut and Grover Rotomatic tuners
- New Midnight Sapphire finish
- Comes with Epiphone Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Budget-friendly price - superb value for money
- Finance options available
High-Quality Semi-Hollow with PAF-Like Pickups
First introduced by Epiphone in 1958, the fabulous Sheraton has seen a number of evolutions over the years, but they all stayed true to the core features of the guitar. These include the luxurious body binding, headstock and fretboard inlays, and even the fixed bridge (originally a Frequensator tail piece, which was replaced by a Stop Bar in 1986).
With features like those you'd be forgiven for expecting this guitar to cost a small fortune, but thankfully you can now own it for a fantastic price!
Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro
With this latest incarnation of the Sheraton you get that tried-and-tested thin-line, laminated maple semi-hollow body with all of the trimmings, with a set of ProBucker pickups, a Graphtech NuBone XL nut, and a gorgeous Midnight Sapphire finish.
Specially designed and constructed with only the highest quality components, and taking plenty of inspiration from the legendary PAF humbuckers of the 1950s, these ProBucker pickups sound simply phenomenal.
Sitting in the neck position you have a ProBucker-2 which delivers a vintage, PAF-like neck tone, complete with rich mid-frequencies, that's simply perfect for those creamy guitar solo's PAF's are renowned for.
At the bridge you have a ProBucker-3. This pickup is as stark and growly as you could want a bridge 'bucker to be, and sounds simply killer when you crank the gain levels up.
Both of these pickups work phenomenally well when combined with the natural resonance and sustain of the Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro's semi-hollow body, making the guitar suitable for a wide range of musical styles, such as Jazz, Blues, Rock, Indie, Pop, and even some Metal!
As if that legendary PAF-like sound alone wasn't quite enough, the electronics in the Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro give you even more tonal options in the form of coil-splitting.
Simply raise the corresponding Volume Control (Neck or Bridge) and it will split the humbucker into a single coil pickup, giving you plenty of tonal combinations to play around with.
One of the Sheraton's stand-out elements, from it's 1958 debut through to today, is the array of elegant additions to the neck, body, and headstock. These include Block and Triangle fret inlays made from abalone/mother of pearl, an Ivory and Black binding to the body, neck, headstock, and f-holes, and even gold-finished hardware.
Long-time Sheraton player and legendary bluesman John Lee Hooker once described the original Sheraton as an "outdid-335", and with good reason - this is the kind of bling you'd usually only find on guitars towards the top end of the market.
Try Before You Buy
Keep your eyes peeled for the Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro Midnight Sapphire landing at a PMT Store near you, and be sure to request an in-store demonstration with one of our resident product experts.
Alternatively, simply order yours online today and make use of our fabulous array of Home Delivery or In-Store Pickup services!
Epiphone Sheraton-II Pro Midnight Sapphire Specs
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Top Material: Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: 5-pc Hard Maple/Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro with "block and triangle" inlays w/Mother of Pearl and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; Medium/Jumbo
- Binding Top: 5-ply (Ivory/Black), Back - 1-ply (Ivory), Neck and Headstock - 5-ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes - 1-ply (Ivory/Black)
- Headstock: Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Nut: Graphtech NuBone XL
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover Rotomatics; 18:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3
- Controls: Bridge Volume with coil-splitting, Neck Volume with coil-splitting, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-way pickup selector (toggle); Ivory toggle cap
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone Stop Bar
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply; (Black/White); Vintage "E" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with metal inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario 10-46 gauge
- Typical Weight: 8.7 lbs
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
|Warranty||2 years (limited lifetime warranty with epiphone - check epiphone website for more details)|
|Neck Wood||5-pc hard maple / walnut laminated neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||pau ferro fingerboard|
|Guitar Style||es style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||maple body|
November 14, 2017Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.