SG Guitars are amongst the most recognisable and popular in the world of rock and roll, having been seen in the hands of absolute rock-giants over the years (such as Eric Clapton, The Allman Brothers, Angus Young, Tony Iommi and more!). With the Epiphone SG-Special VE series guitars you're presented with a great way to own one of these legendary instruments at a price that everyone can afford!
High-Quality, Affordable, Rock and Roll Machine!
Featuring a Vintage Worn Cherry finish, a set of Epiphone open-coil humbuckers, LockTone Tune-O-Matic bridge, and a classic 1960s SlimTaper "D" Profile neck, the Epiphone SG-Special has everything you need in a first Electric guitar and more!
Classic SG Styling
Lightweight yet powerful, the Epiphone SG-Special VE has that same iconic look as its classic forebear, which rose to prominence during the 1960s. Constructed from solid Poplar, with a mahogany veneer, and a Vintage Worn Cherry finish, this guitar looks every bit the classic SG that you've always wanted.
Epiphone's SG-Special VE house a pair of open-coil humbuckers with ceramic pickups, for that classic hard-rock tone. These pickups are specially designed to provide a tight low-end response with a smooth mid-range, and slightly more pronounced top end tone, with each one voices specifically depending upon their position (Neck / Bridge).
Try Before You Buy
Keep an eye out for this stunning entry-level guitar landing at your local PMT Store, and be sure to arrange for an in-store demonstration, you'll get a chance to see just how good they are for their price.
- Classic SG style with Vintage Worn Cherry Finish
- Open Humbuckers with Ceramic Magnets
- Epiphone Premium Machine Heads
Epiphone SG-Special VE Specifications
- Finish: Vintage Worn
- Body Material: Poplar w/ Mahogany Veneer
- Neck Material: Okoume
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaperâ„¢; D profile
- Neck Joint: Bolt On
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Headstock: Epiphone "Clipped Ear"; "Les Paul Model" in gold; "Epiphone" logo in silver
- Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bell" shaped; 2-layer; "SG" in white
- Fingerboard Radius: 14"
- Fingerboard Features: Pearloid "Dot" Inlays
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Covered; 14:1 ratio
- Neck Pickup: Epiphone 650R Humbucker; Open-coil; Ceramic-8 Magnets
- Bridge Pickup: Epiphone 700T Humbucker; Open-coil, Ceramic-8 Magnets
- Controls: 3-way Pickup Selector, Master Volume, Master Tone
- Knobs: Black "Speed" knobs
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Output Jack: Epiphone Exclusive Non-rotating, Heavy Duty Output Jack, Metal Output Jack Plate
- Colour: Cherry (CHV)
- Other Details: "2017" Edition logo on back of headstock
|Warranty||2 years (limited lifetime - see epiphone.com for more details)|
|Series||Vintage Edition Series|
|Neck Wood||okoume neck|
|Pickup Config||2 x humbucker|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Guitar Style||sg style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||poplar body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*