A firm favourite with guitarists sicne their first introduction in the early 2000's, the Epiphone Masterbilt series offered a range of high-quality acoustic and electro-acoustic guitars that were available at a more-than-reasonable price. The Masterbilt range is replenished with new ideas all the time, culminating in the DR-400MCE - a stunning Dreadnought-style electro acoustic, that's the most affordable solid-body acoustic that Epiphone have ever produced!
High Quality, High Playability, Budget-Friendly
Featuring a solid Sitka Spruce top, Solid Mahogany back and Sides, and a Solid Mahogany neck, the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-400MCE produces a rich voice with plenty of bright, natural projection. The Mahogany neck has an easy-to-play 1960s SlimTaper profile, and is graced with an economically sustainable, FSC Certified Blackwood Tek fingerboard and 20 medium jumbo frets, each of which is easily accessible thanks to the body's cutaway design.
eSonic HD Preamp
Powered by a sublime eSonic HD preamp system and NanoFlex HD under-saddle pickup, the Masterbilt DR-400MCE is ready to perform straight out of the box. This pickup and preamp combination is widely regarded as one of the best in the world for amplifying your guitar's true acoustic tone without compromising on clarity. To top it all off, the controls are even sound-hole mounted, keeping the guitar's aesthetic as pleasing as you could wish for.
As with all Epiphone Masterbilt guitars, the DR-400MCE comes fitted with an array of solid and reliable hardware, including Epiphone Vintage Premium Open-Back tuning machines, a nickel 1/4" output jack and nickel strap buttons.
Try Before You Buy
Call into your local PMT Store today and talk to one of our resident guitar experts to help choose the right acoustic for you. Alternatively, order the Epiphone Masterbilt DR-400MCE Online or In-store and make use of our fabulous 0% Finance and Free Home-Delivery options!
- Epiphone's most affordable solid-wood acoustic guitar
- Solid Sitka Spruce Top with cutaway
- Solid Mahogany body and neck
- Superb eSonic HD and NanoFlex Acoustic Pickup System
- Bone nut and Epiphone Vintage Premium Open-Back 18:1 machine heads
- Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaperâ„¢
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Dovetail
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Headstock: Asymmetrical "Masterbilt" shape with pearloid "Epiphone" logo and Masterbilt "Stickpin" inlay
- Frets: 20 Medium
- Truss Rod: 2-way, adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2 ply (B/W); "Masterbilt" in White
- Fingerboard Material: FSC Certified Blackwood Tek;
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "DOT" inlays
- Binding Body Top: 4-Layer (Black/Ivory/Black/Ivory)
- Body Back: 2-Layer (Black/Ivory)
- Fingerboard: None
- Headstock: 2-Layer (Black/Ivory)
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Pickguard: Imitation Tortoise
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Epiphone Vintage Premium; Open-Back; 18:1 Ratio
- Electronics: eSonic-HD preamp with NanoFlex-HD pickup under the saddle
- Controls: Master Volume, Master EQ with detent (Sound Hole Mounted)
- Saddle: Compensated; Bone
- Bridge: Torrefied Composite "Blackwood"; FSC Certified
- Output Jack: 1/4" with 9-volt battery compartment
- Colour: Natural Satin (NAS)
- Lower Bout: 16"
- Waist: 11.5"
- Upper Bout: 11.5"
- Length: 20"
- Lower Depth: 4.875"
- Upper Depth: 4"
|Neck Wood||solid mahogany neck|
|Pickup Config||1x under saddle|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Fingerboard||blackwood tek composite|
|Guitar Style||duo-sonic style|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*