Approximately seven years ago a little boutique effects pedal maker from Finland set the low-end world alight with the release of the incredible Microtubes B7K - a powerful 4-band EQ'd Preamp pedal with built-in CMOS overdrive circuitry, that had been crafted specifically for use with bass guitar.
The hand-made Microtubes B7K (along with it's little brother, the B3K) took the bass-playing world by storm, and soon became one of the most popular and coveted bass guitar pedals available.
Crushing Overdrive and a Transparent Modern Sound
One of the main reasons for the B7K's desirability and success was because it doesn't compromise the original sound of your bass - instead it simply enhances its presence int he mix! The Microtubes B7K takes the powerful saturation circuit from the B3K, then adds a 4-band active EQ, parallel output and balanced line driver, giving you even more versatility than you could hope for.
The Black Beast of Darkglass, Reborn!
Now, after almost 7 years at the top of the field, Darkglass have given the Microtubes B7K the upgrade it deserves. Introducing the all-new Microtubes B7K v2 - featuring all the great features of the original, but with even more versatility and the ability to further sculpt the perfect bass tone.
V2 Technical Upgrades
The Microtubes B7K developed a reputation for being one of the most versatile bass preamps on the market by far, but with the B7K v2 Darkglass have pushed the envelope even further and added a couple of useful features for extra-precise tone-sculpting:
- Low Mid Frequency Switch - this little push-switch shifts the corner frequency by an octave, so in addition to the standard 1kHz you also get 12dB of cut/boost at 500Hz, perfect for beefing up that low-end
- High Mid Frequency Switch - similar to the Lo-Mid switch mentioned above, this Hi Mid switch shifts the ranges corner frequency by an octave, giving you an extra 12dB cut/boost at 1.5kHz, in addition to the standard 3kHz
Darkglass's Microtubes B7K represents, for many people, the ultimate Preamp/Distortion pedal for bass guitar in both a live and studio setting and is used the world over by both professional musicians and amateurs alike. If you've never experienced first-hand just how great Darkglass bass pedals are, then don't just take my word for it: head over to your local PMT Store and speak to one of our bass experts, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to set up a small demonstration for you!
- Upgraded version to the original B7K - one of the best and most sought after Preamp and bass distortion circuits on the planet
- Contains the exact same vibe as the originak B3k, but with additional tone sculptine options
- That familiar tone-crushing bass overdrive sound
- Rugged laser-etched enclosur that will last you a lifefime.
- Features XLR DI, 4-Band EQ and direct out
- Controls: Blend, Level, Drive, Grunt Switch, Attack Switch, Frequencies, Low Mids Switch, Hi Mids Switch, Parallel Output, Direct Output
|Effects||overdrive, distortion, preamp, 4 band eq|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*