Back in 2011 a little boutique effects pedal maker from Finland set the low-end world alight with the release of the incredible Microtubes B7K - a powerful 4-band EQ'd Preamp pedal with built-in CMOS overdrive circuitry, that had been crafted specifically for use with bass guitar.
Hand-made using only the finest components, the Microtubes B7K took the bass-playing world by storm, and went on to become one of the most popular and coveted bass guitar pedals available, whilst planting Darkglass as the Go To brand for bass drive and EQ pedals for evermore.
Studio-Grade, Multiband Bass Distortion Pedal
The Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X showcases the company's commitment to continual improvement. This Multiband Bass Drive pedal delivers a punch and aggressive distortion, which also manages to be full and fat-sounding, whilst being compact and flexible - perfect for touring and studio use!
To achieve the full drive sound without losing any of the low end, Darkglass have introduced a split in the audio signal, between two variable Low-Pass and High-Pass filters at the start of the signal chain.
Only the High-Pass audio (mostly mid and treble tones) is distorted using the fantastic CMOS circuitry that Darkglass are renowned for. Whilst this is going on, the Low-Pass signal (all bass) is left completely untouched.
With an overall sound that has virtually unlimited fullness, size, aggression and definition, regardless of the age of your strings or even how naturally coloured your instrument's sound is by your pickups, it's easy to see what Darkglass are so well thought of in the low-end world.
Fine-Tune Your Sound
To complement the multiband audio split, the Darkglass Microtubes X7 comes complete with a 4-band graphic equaliser, with perfectly tailored mid controls, giving you maximum tonal flexibility. Add to this regular parallel, affected and balanced XLR direct outputs, and you can hook this pedal up in whatever way your rig demands!
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X7 Controls
- High-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or 1kHz for ultra-sharp definition
- High Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side
- High Level: Sets the output volume of the distorted high-pass signal
- Low-pass frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed back to the high-pass side Ranging from 50Hz (for only sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids
- Low Comp: Sets the amount of compression for the low-pass signal
- Low Signal: Sets the output volume of the low-pass signal
- Master Slider: Sets the overall volume of the unit
- Low-shelf Slider: +-12dB @ 80Hz
- 500 Hz Slider: +-12dB
- 1 kHz Slider: +-12dB
- High-shelf Slider: +-12dB @ 5 kHz
Order Yours Today
There's no doubt about it: once you hear one of these pedals first-hand, you're going to want to buy one! Luckily they're now available to order here at PMT, so don't delay, and place your order Online or In-Store today!
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X7 Main Features
- Unique Mutiband bass distortion
- Pure Analog Signal Path
- Features a variable LF compressor, 4-band EQ parallel, affected and XLR direct outputs
- Made in Finland
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X7 Tech Specs
- Input: 6.5mm / Â¼" Jack
- Main Output: 6.5mm / Â¼" Jack
- Parallel Output: 6.5mm / Â¼" Jack hard-wired copy of the input
- Direct Output: Balanced output via XLR connector with switchable ground lift
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~30mA current draw)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||0.600000|
|Effects||Drive, EQ, DI|
|Power Supply||9v DC Adapter Only|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.