Subsequent to the success and popularity of the incredible Microtubes X series, Darkglass have taken things a step further. Introducing the Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Ultra: the complete tool for the modern bassist!
Overdrive, EQ, DI, and Cab-Simulation In One
Boasting more versatility and features than anything released previously, the X Ultra rounds out the illustrious Microtubes X series in style.
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Ultra Highlights
- Premium-grade, handmade Bass effects pedal
- Selectable Clean Channel/ Unique Multiband Bass Distortion
- Pure Analog Signal Path
- Variable LF compressor
- 6-band Graphic EQ
- Balanced XLR output with switchable IR cabinet simulation
- Connect to your PC/Mac to load different Virtual Cabinets (one at a time) via Micro-USB and free 'Darkglass Suite' software
- 3.5mm Headphone output and Auxiliary input, perfect for practicing etc.
- Perfect for Studio and Live use
- Home Delivery options available
The Ultimate Addition To Your Pedalboard
With the ability to choose which areas of the frequency spectrum to compress and saturate, and four major additions for extra flexibility, the X Ultra could well be the tone-shaping tool you've been yearning for.
Cutting Edge Distortion
If there's one thing that Darkglass have managed to hit right on the head throughout the years, it's in creating a bass-specific distortion that saturates without compromising the quality of the instrument's low-end.
For the X Ultra, Darkglass have achieved this in style. To begin with, the pedal splits your sound into two variable low-pass and high-pass filters at the beginning of the signal chain.
For the High-Pass (mids and trebles), CMOS circuitry is employed to generate the saturation - much like with previous Darkglass pedals.
Whilst this happens, the low pass-signal (low end) is left clean, and then processed by the on-board variable compressor.
This results in plenty of crunch, attack, and harmonics where it's needed, whilst the clean low-end is mixed back in to ensure you can go as ditry as you like without ever losing those precious bass frequencies, and without generating any unwanted fuzz.
Another key feature on the X Ultra is the addition of a 6-band graphic EQ, with perfectly tailored mid controls.
This EQ allows you to finely-sculpt your tone to your heart's content, making your dream sound just a few adjustments away.
In addition to this, the X Ultra is equipped with the award-winning impulse response cabinet simulation module, which helps to make this pedal the complete rig-in-a-box for both studio and live use.
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Ultra Technical Specs
- Input: 6.5mm / 0.25" Jack
- Main Output: 6.5mm / 0.25" Jack
- Direct Output: Balanced output via XLR connector with switchable ground lift - Cabinet Simulation can be switched with the Cab Sim push-button
- USB: connect to Darkglass Suite (PC/Mac) to load impulse responses to the pedal
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered By: Optional 9V PSU (9V DC, centre -, 2.1 mm, ~200 mA current draw)
- High-pass frequency: Controls the cutoff frequency to be distorted, ranging from 100 Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or 1 kHz for ultra-sharp definition
- High Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side
- High Level: Sets the output volume of the distorted high-pass signal
- Low-pass frequency: Controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed back to the high-pass side Ranging from 50 Hz (for only sub-bass) and 500 Hz to preserve some clean mids
- Low Comp: This control is also used to control the compression amount when the compressor is enabled for clean signal
- Low Level: Sets the output volume of the low-pass signal
- Master: +-12 dB - sets the overall volume of the unit.
- Low shelf: +-12 dB @ 80 Hz
- 250 Hz: +-12 dB
- 500 Hz: +-12 dB
- 1.5 kHz: +-12 dB
- 3 kHz: +-12 dB
- High shelf: +-12 dB @ 5 kHz
|Effects||overdrive and 5-band eq|
|Power Supply||9v dc adapter (not supplied)|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, is not a Marketplace-based seller (like Amazon or Ebay), and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*. All Price Match transactions are at the discretion of PMT Online, and we reserve the right to withdraw the Price Match at any time.