Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Multiband Bass Drive Pedal
OUT OF STOCK
Available to order
PMT'S Price Match Promise
At PMT we constantly monitor prices to make sure you get the best gear at the best price. If you find a like-for-like item cheaper elsewhere, simply fill in the Price Match Request form.
Approximately seven years ago a little boutique effects pedal maker from Finland set the low-end world alight with the release of the incredible Microtubes B7K - a powerful 4-band EQ'd Preamp pedal with built-in CMOS overdrive circuitry, that had been crafted specifically for use with bass guitar.
The hand-made Microtubes B7K took the bass-playing world by storm, and soon became one of the most popular and coveted bass guitar pedals available, whilst planting Darkglass as the Go To brand for bass drive and EQ pedals for evermore.
Compact, Studio-Grade, Multiband Distortion
The Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X showcases the company's commitment to continual improvement. This Multiband Bass Drive pedal delivers a punch and aggressive distortion, which also manages to be full and fat-sounding, and not only that but it comes house in a compact, pedalboard friendly chassis!
In order to achieve the full drive sound without losing or muddying the low end, Darkglass have introduced a split in the audio signal, between two variable Low-Pass and High-Pass filters at the start of the signal chain.
The Pedal distorts the High-Pass audio (mostly mid and treble tones) using the fantastic CMOS circuitry that Darkglass are renowned for. Whilst this is going on, the Low-Pass signal (all bass) is left completely untouched.
With an overall sound that has virtually unlimited fullness, size, aggression and definition, regardless of the age of your strings or even how naturally coloured your instrument's sound is by your pickups.
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Main Controls
- High-pass Frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or 1kHz for ultra-sharp definition
- Low-pass Frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed back to the high-pass side Ranging from 50Hz (for only sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids
- Level: Sets the overall output volume of the unit
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side
- Mix: Sets the blend between low-pass and high-pass signals
- Mids: Active mid control placed after the Mix control (+-12dB @ 500Hz)
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Highlights
- Unique Mutiband bass distortion
- Pure Analog Signal Path
- Compact pedal format
- Made in Finland
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Technical Specs
- I/O: 6.5mm / Ã‚Â¼" Jack
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~30mA)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||0.400000|
|Power Supply||9V DC Adapter Only|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.