Approximately seven years ago a little boutique effects pedal maker from Finland set the low-end world alight with the release of the incredible Microtubes B7K - a powerful 4-band EQ'd Preamp pedal with built-in CMOS overdrive circuitry, that had been crafted specifically for use with bass guitar.
The hand-made Microtubes B7K took the bass-playing world by storm, and soon became one of the most popular and coveted bass guitar pedals available, whilst planting Darkglass as the Go To brand for bass drive and EQ pedals for evermore.
Compact, Studio-Grade, Multiband Distortion
The Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X showcases the company's commitment to continual improvement. This Multiband Bass Drive pedal delivers a punch and aggressive distortion, which also manages to be full and fat-sounding, and not only that but it comes house in a compact, pedalboard friendly chassis!
In order to achieve the full drive sound without losing or muddying the low end, Darkglass have introduced a split in the audio signal, between two variable Low-Pass and High-Pass filters at the start of the signal chain.
The Pedal distorts the High-Pass audio (mostly mid and treble tones) using the fantastic CMOS circuitry that Darkglass are renowned for. Whilst this is going on, the Low-Pass signal (all bass) is left completely untouched.
With an overall sound that has virtually unlimited fullness, size, aggression and definition, regardless of the age of your strings or even how naturally coloured your instrument's sound is by your pickups.
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Main Controls
- High-pass Frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be distorted, ranging from 100Hz (for thicker, fuzzier saturation) or 1kHz for ultra-sharp definition
- Low-pass Frequency: controls the cutoff frequency to be mixed back to the high-pass side Ranging from 50Hz (for only sub-bass) and 500Hz to preserve some clean mids
- Level: Sets the overall output volume of the unit
- Drive: Sets the amount of distortion for the high pass side
- Mix: Sets the blend between low-pass and high-pass signals
- Mids: Active mid control placed after the Mix control (+-12dB @ 500Hz)
New to 2018
Keep your eyes peeled for this fantastic, hand made pedal landing at a PMT Store near you soon, and be sure to request an in-store demonstration with one of our resident product experts. Alternatively, place your order Online or In-Store today and make use of our range of delivery options for when stock is available!
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Highlights
- Unique Mutiband bass distortion
- Pure Analog Signal Path
- Compact pedal format
- Made in Finland
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes X Technical Specs
- I/O: 6.5mm / Â¼" Jack
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output Impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~30mA)
|Power Supply||9v dc adapter only|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*