Due to the popularity of the phenomenal Microtubes 900 amplifier, Darkglass have decided to step things up a notch. Introducing the Darkglass Electronics Microtubes 900 v2 900w Bass Head - a versatile, uncompromising, and unapologetically loud amp that you're going to want in your rig!
Darkglass Electronics Microtubes 900 v2 900w Bass Head Highlights
- 900 W RMS Class D Power Output
- 8/4/2 Ohm load compatible
- Analog preamp with Passive/active input switch
- Switchable Vintage Microtubes and Microtubes B3K analog drive/distortion circuits
- Separate Distortion Tone control
- Drive/Clean Blend control
- Three speaker cab Impulse Response slots, selectable via the Cab Select switch.
- Built-in adjustable studio-grade VCA compressor
- Ultra-quiet 6-band graphic EQ
- 3.5mm Auxiliary input
- Headphone output with cabinet simulation and separate volume control
- MIDI - for remote switching
- USB to connect to free Darkglass Suite (for Mac/PC) - Loads Impulse Responses; Control for the VCA Compressor (programmable on/off per channel); MIDI config etc. and more
- Supplied with matching Intelligent Footswitch (Super Intelligent Footswitch sold separately)
- Intelligent fan control - reduces noise when playing quietly
- Finance options available
Powerful, Versatile Amplifier Head
With the original Darkglass Electronics Microtubes 900, players were finally able to access those fantastic Darkglass bass tones in amplifier format. For the Microtubes 900 v2, Darkglass have tweaked their original design to take things to the next level entirely.
All New EQ Design
As opposed to the standard control pot EQ design on the original, the Microtubes 900 v2 comes complete with 5 EQ sliders. These sliders allow you to cut/boost up to 12dB of Bass (80Hz), Mids (250Hz, 500Hz, 1.5kHz, and 3Khz), and Treble (5kHz), fine tuning your tone with pit point accuracy.
This Push button switch will turn your Microtubes Engine on or off. This engine adds natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation that ranges from a mild overdrive, to all-out high gain mayhem.
Thanks to the Blend control though, you can have this overdriven signal running alongside a clean signal, ensuring that none of your articulation is lost.
Two of the most popular overdrive circuits amongst bass players both come from Darkglass - the Microtubes B3K, and Vintage Microtubes. Both of these circuits are integrated into the Microtubes 900 v2, with a Push Button switch allowing you to choose between them.
The B3K is renowned for its aggressive, percussive overdrive sound. On the other hand, the VMT boosts your mids, and delivers a warmer, more neutral character.
Whether you want to connect a 350w 8Ohm cabinet to your amp, or up to 900w at 2Ohms, this amp can handle it in style. You have options to connect to an external power amp, thus bypassing the one built in, or even connect your power amp to an external preamp.
If that wasn't enough, you have XLR DI sockets for both Pre and Post DI, allowing you to send either a clean or Microtubes processed signal to a console, mic preamp, interface etc.
In addition to this, there's a USB socket, which lets you connect the Microtubes 900 V2 up to your home PC. Once connected, you can use the free Darkglass Suite software to edit parameters, and even upload new Cabinet Impulses, allowing you to achieve your ideal tone with ease.
There's also a MIDI input, which allows you to control the amp channels via a MIDI standard controller.
A Serious Amp, for Serious Players
The Darkglass Electronics Microtubes 900 v2 900w Bass Head brings together everything the modern, professional bassist could need. What's more, it delivers it in a compact, sleek, and loud format.
Contact your local PMT Store today if you'd like to query the availability of this incredible amplifier.
Darkglass Microtubes 900 v2 Front Panel Features
- Standard 1/4" mono jack input
- Passive/Active push-button
- Microtubes activation button
- Control Knobs: Compression, Drive, Tone, Level, Blend, Gain, Master
- B3K/VMT distortion activation switch
- EQ: Sliders for Bass (80Hz), Mids (250Hz, 500Hz, 1.5kHz, and 4kHz), and Treble (5kHz)
- Mute button
Darkglass Microtubes 900 v2 Rear Panel Features
- Speakon Combo jack for connection to extension cabinet
- Min-Load switch, for alternating between 2 Ohm and 4 Ohm resistance
- Preamp output socket
- Power Amp input socket (disables Master Volume)
- Ground Lift switch for DI XLR output
- Pre DI Output, sends a balanced copy of your clean signal
- Post DI Output
- USB connector, for accessing the Darkglass Suite to load different cab impulses and parameter editing
- Headphone output socket
- Headphone volume control
- Aux In socket (signal travels to Headphone Out socket)
- Cabinet Select switch
- MIDI socket
- Footswitch Socket
- AC Power Socket
- AC Power Switch
|Effects||overdrive, distortion, compression|
|Software Included||darkglass suite|
|Amp Type||solid-state amplifier|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*