The Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer is a unique and powerful harmony and multi-effects processor pedal for vocals.
Complete Vocal Toolkit On Your Pedalboard
The Boss VE-500 brings together all the vocal tools you’ll need for your performance and packs them into one unit without compromise using a studio quality high-powered DSP engine.
Better yet, it all comes in a streamlined stompbox that will integrated perfectly with the rest of the effects on your pedalboard, ideal for gigging guitarists.
From world-class reverb, pitch correction and auto-harmonies to distortion, modulation delay and everything in between offering subtle sweetening of your voice to extreme vocal transformation, the Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer gives you it all.
Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer Key Features:
- Automatic Vocal Harmony/Pitch Correction
- Class-Leading Sound Quality
- High Powered Boss DSP Engine Allows Up to 9 Effects At Once
- Extensive Effects Library Specially Tuned for Vocals
- Versatile and Creative Vocoder Effect for Generating Electronic Voice/Talk Box Sounds Based on Guitar Input
- Flexible Routing Options for Processing Live and Harmonised Vocals Together or Separately
- Dedicated Looper
- XLR Mic Input, Adjustable Sensitivity and Phantom Power
- Guitar Input for Harmony, Pitch and Vocoder Processing
- Thru Output for Sending Unprocessed Guitar Signal to Guitar Pedals
- Stereo XLR Outputs for Sending Vocal Sounds to PA Mixer or Recorder
- Three Assignable Footswitches for Real-Time Performance Control
- Support for Up To Two External Footswitches or An Expression Pedal
- 99 User Memory Slots
- Three Assignable Knobs for Quick Access to Essential Parameters
- MIDI Input and USB-MIDI for Guiding Harmony/Pitch Engine from MIDI Keyboard or DAW Backing Tracks
- Editor/Librarian Software for Sound Editing and Patch Management vis USB (Mac/Windows)
Automatic Multi-Part Vocal Harmony
Need some backing singers to get that vocal sound you need? The Boss VE-500 has got you covered.
Not only can the VE-500 provide you with two and three-part harmonies, you can connect your guitar and the Vocal Performer will automatically detect the chords and key you’re playing for perfect, natural sounding harmonies - all processed in real time as you sing.
Not only that, you can also connect your DAW or MIDI Keyboard through either the VE-500’s MIDI or USB inputs to get that same great automatic-harmonising.
You also have the option to manually refine your harmonies, ideal for those songs of yours that have more complex key structures.
Incredible Vocal Effects
To say the effects selection on the Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer is extensive would be an understatement.
With its huge, wide-ranging effects library and deep editing parameters, the potential is simply incredible, allowing you to create nearly any kind of vocal sound you can think of.
Using the VE-500 vocal effects pedal’s Enhance section, you can put that studio perfect polish on your vocals.
Vocal essentials such as compressor, de-esser and EQ are all on hand in the Enhance section to bring out the best in your voice while two dedicated Reverb/Delay sections can take your vocals from adding some colour to creating worlds of ambience.
You’ll also find four independent FX engines, each giving you a huge range of effects to work with.
Everything from the more traditional chorus, flanger and tremolo to more extreme vocal effects such as distortion, radio voice, ring modular, slicer, filtering and more.
Furthermore, you can route the harmonised vocals and live vocals together or separately for flexible processing options.
Derived from the famous and incredibly innovative Boss VO-1 Vocoder pedal, the VE-500 Vocal Performer has its owns powerful vocoder function.
Vocalise into your microphone while you play and your guitar sound will be transformed by your voice.
Designed to be versatile and creative, the Vocoder allows you to really shape the sound so you can get exactly what you want and make it suitable for all modern styles.
You can even get that traditional talk box sound so your guitar really sounds like it has a voice of its own, all without having to use a talk box rig and mouth tube.
Emulate sounds you’ve heard on your favourite records (think Bon Jovi and Daft Punk) or create entirely new sounds; the power is yours.
Automatic Pitch Correction
Using the Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer’s built-in automatic pitch correction, you’ve got another level of powerful vocal tools to get your sound just right.
The pitch correction feature is guided by your guitar or MIDI input, just like the harmony function so it automatically makes sure your vocals are in tune to the music you’re playing.
You can use this vocal pitch correction to get your vocals just right or you can use it as an effect in its own right.
Think Cher, T-Pain and Kanye, you can switch into alternate modes for that heavily effected vocal sound that has been so popular in recent years or add in more electronic sounds and get all robotic.
Designed with gigging musicians in mind, the Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer features large knobs, buttons and a big, bright display making it easy to create and bring up the sounds you want.
Once you’ve created the sound you’re looking for, you can save it into one of the 99 user patch locations for instant access when you’re on stage.
The Boss VE-500 also comes with editor/librarian software compatible with Mac and Windows systems allowing you to edit your patches and organise them ready for your next gig, all from your computer.
The three large panel knobs can be assigned to your favourite parameters so you can easily access the tweaks you need during your performance.
Next, there’s the three integrated footswitches giving you access to all sorts of functions such as patch selection, individual effects on/off, harmony and looper functions and more.
You can even expand your control options by adding in external footswitches, an expression pedal or MIDI devices.
Professional Level Vocal Processing
Designed for live use, the VE-500 vocal effects pedal is your complete set of vocal tools built-into a pedalboard friendly stompbox.
Buy the Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer from PMT Online now and get professional level vocal processing in a compact, road ready pedal unit.
Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer Specs:
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- 32 bits + AF method, AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Patches: 99 (User) + 50 (Preset)
Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 dBu (Adjustable)
- INST IN: -10 dBu
- MIC IN: 4 k ohms
- INST IN: 2 M ohms
Nominal Output Level
- XLR OUT L, R: -40 dBu, -10 dBu (Selectable)
- INST THRU: -10 dBu (Unbuffered)
- Output Impedance: XLR OUT L, R: 600 ohms
- Display: Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)
- DOWN switch, UP switch, HARMONY switch
- EFFECT EDIT button, KEY button, MENU button, EXIT button, ENTER button
- 1 knob, 2 knob, 3 knob
- GND LIFT switch
- MIC IN connector: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max)
- INST IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- XLR OUT L, R connectors: XLR type
- INST THRU jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- CTL1,2 / EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB Micro-B type
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor (PSA series)
- 310 mA (with phantom power)
- 210 mA (without phantom power)
- AC adaptor: PSA series
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L
- Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7
- Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*