The Boss VB-2W uses all-analogue circuitry to give you true-pitch shifted vibrato and a new vibrato mode along with real-time control functions.
Classic Vibrato with Waza Innovation
First released in 1982, the Boss VB-2 Vibrato pedal is still immensely popular with modern guitarists who want unique and musical texture in their sound.
Incredibly expressive and unique, the VB-2 has gone on to be one of the most sought-after Boss pedals on the vintage market.
Now, with the introduction of the Waza Craft series, Boss have revived this incredible pedal in the VB-2W.
Using 100% analogue circuitry, the Boss VB-2W gives you an authentic reproduction of the true pitch-shifted vibrato found in the original pedal.
Giving you even more bang for your buck, the Boss VB-2W brings with it an innovative new vibrato mode and a real-time control function so you can enjoy the ultimate expressive vibrato performance.
Boss VB-2W Waza Craft Vibrato Pedal Key Features:
- Premium edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Custom mode features a totally new vibrato sound with unique filter wave
- Standard mode provides a true reproduction of the vintage VB-2 Vibrato sound
- All-analog circuit with BBD (bucket brigade) vibrato line
- Control the effect depth in real time with an optional expression pedal
- Rise Time knob to control the initial onset of the vibrato effect
- Unlatch mode activates the effect only while pressing the pedal, ideal for adding vibrato to specific notes and chords
- Bypass mode takes the BBD out of the signal path to eliminate latency when the effect is off
- BOSS five-year warranty
Two Pedals in One
Above the pedal switch, beneath knobs, you’ll find the Standard/Custom switch.
When set in the left ‘S’ position, the VB-2W is in Standard mode which gives you an accurate and authentic reproduction of the original Boss VB-2 Vibrato pedal’s tone.
Switch over to the right ‘C’ position to take the Boss VB-2W into Custom mode, giving you a new custom tone with emphasized modulation while changing up the frequency response.
Great Control of Your Sound
Across the top of the VB-2W is a set of knobs giving you easy, yet powerful control over your sound.
Rate and Depth knobs allow you to adjust the modulation speed and depth of the vibrato effect respectively.
You’ll also find a Rise Time knob which allows you to adjust the time until the maximum vibrato effect is reached.
Another great feature is the DEPTH input – just connect an expression pedal here and you’ll be able to control the depth of modulation hands-free in real-time.
Last but certainly not least is the MODE knob. Using this you can select one of three modes to switch the function of the pedal switch:
- UNLATCH – When set to this mode, the vibrato effect will only be active while you hold the pedal down.
- LATCH – When this setting is selected, the vibrato effect will toggle on and off as you press the pedal.
- BYPASS – While this setting is selected, the vibrato effect turns on and off each time you press the pedal but turning the effect off bypasses the BBD ensuring your audio signal does not pass through it.
As you can see, the Boss VB-2W has some great controls available so you can create your own unique tremolo sound.
Classic Vibrato Makes a Comeback with Style
With the Boss VB-2W Vibrato pedal, you get the classic vibrato sound that has inspired guitarists and music fans alike for decades but with a refined sound, fantastic control and a new mode.
Buy the Boss VB-2W Vibrato pedal and get all the best of classic vibrato with the convenience and power of a modern day pedal.
Boss VB-2W Waza Craft Vibrato Pedal Specifications:
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M Ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k Ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k Ohms or Greater
- Bypass: Buffered Bypass
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (Serves Also as Battery Check Indicator)
Current Draw and Battery Life
- Current Draw: 35 mA
- Expected Battery Life Under Continuous Use: Alkaline: Approx. 22 Hours, Carbon: Approx. 4 Hours
- Alkaline Battery (9V, 6LR61) - INCLUDED
- Carbon-Zinc Battery (9V, 6F22)
- AC Adaptor (Sold Separately)
- INPUT Jack
- OUTPUT Jack
- DEPTH Jack
- DC IN Jack
Boss VB-2W Waza Craft Vibrato Pedal Size and Weight:
- Width: 73mm (2-7/8 Inches)
- Depth: 129mm (5-1/8 Inches)
- Height: 59mm (2-3/8 Inches)
- Weight: 450g (1lb)
|Shipping Weight (kg)||0.570000|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm.
This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you, and the drivers name - just so you know when to turn the volume down!
Orders over £99: Free Next Day Delivery
Weekend UK Mainland Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99
For heavy items, courier details, out of stock products, out of area postcodes or international deliveries see our full Delivery info here.
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
*Click here for more about our local Click and Collect Service.
If you and your item aren’t getting along, you have 14 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
If you have bought something in-store or Online and want to return it back to a PMT Shop, the PMT crew can offer you a refund if you return your item within 14 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.*
*Click here for more information on Returns at PMT.