The Katana 50 Amp delivers a staggering level of tone-tweaking, effect-patching and outright tonal horsepower in compact, lightweight practice combo.
Kitted out with over 55 legendary Boss effects, USB Connectivity and a cool Power Attenuator function, the Boss Katana 50 is equally well versed at home or on stage. It even features a front kick-stand for optimal sound projection.
Inspired by Waza - Perfect for Stage and Studio
The Boss Katana 50 is a brand new guitar combo amp following on from the development process behind the now-iconic Waza amplifiers. What sets it apart is its versatility - it morphs from a bedroom practice amp into a stage guitar rig thanks to a handy power switch. Dial it back from 50w to 25w, or all the way down to 0.5w for delicious home practice and sweet WAZA tone.
While the Katana 50 includes many advanced features, it offers an intuitive interface that allows you to dial in Waza-inspired tone quickly. As any good amp should do, Katana 50 encourages you to spend less time fiddling, and more time playing!
30 Free JTC Jamtracks
With every BOSS Katana amp/cabinet bought between before December 31st 2019, you can download 30 different high quality jam tracks, solo tracks, tab/notations and track notes (worth £30) for FREE.
The tracks can be downloaded directly from Jam Track Central with only the serial number needed.
Boss Katana 50 Key Features:
- Stage-ready 50-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Switchable to 25w and 0.5w output modes
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Four Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Three Cabinet Resonance types for fine-tuning the tone and feel
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the USB and phones/recording outputs, with customizable tone via three Air Feel settings
- Channel and global parametric EQs for refined sound shaping
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Historic Tradition Meets Modern Amp Design
Katana, the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword’s name with pride, the Katana amps deliver smooth, cutting rock tones honed by generations of BOSS dedication and expertise.
Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
Powerful Amp Modelling
The idea here is to effectively have a world class Boss multi-effects unit, fully integrated into an amplifier in ways like never before.
Each Katana amp features five selectable amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic. Every character was fine-tuned by the BOSS engineering team to offer rock players a wide range of professional sounds.
Inspired by WAZA
Deriving its essence from the Waza amp, the Brown character delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing natural tone for acoustic-electric guitars.
55 Versatile BOSS Effects
With the powerful Tone Settings feature in the Katana 50, you can store amp and effects settings to recall perfectly tweaked setups instantly. To make use of the 55 effects slots, you can connect your Katana 50 to your Mac or PC via USB. Simply fire up the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software and you can mod your amp to your heart's content!
Via USB Connection, you can load 15 different effects in the amp at one time, and use up to three effects at once. This offers a great deal of versatility when it comes to finding your signature sound.
It’s also possible to connect optional footswitches and expression pedals for hands-free control.
A matching Boss KTN-50 Cover is available here!
Boss Katana 50 Specifications:
- Rated Power Output 50 W
- Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Speaker : 12"(30cm) Custom Speaker
- POWER switch
- MASTER knob
- POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 25 W, 50 W)
- Amp Type switch (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- Gain and Volume Knobs
- 3-band EQ (BASS, MIDDLE, TREBLE)
- BOOSTER/MOD button
- DELAY/FX button
- REVERB button
- TAP button
- BOOSTER/MOD knob
- DELAY/FX knob
- REVERB knob
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- AC IN jack
- Dimensions: 470 (W) x 238 (D) x 398 (H) mm
- Weight: 11.6 kg
|Effects||reverb, chorus, delay, eq, distortion plus more|
|Software Included||boss toneeditor|
|Woofer Size||12" woofer|
|Amp Type||solid-state amplifier|
September 24, 2018Read Article
October 29, 2009Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*