Inspired by the traditions of the Japanese Samurai, the Boss Katana amps deliver smooth, cutting rock tones honed by generations of BOSS dedication and expertise. Designed for both Electric and Electro-Acoustic guitar, the Katana 100/212 offers extra punch for stage and studio use, with the core elements that have made Katana amps so popular.
A vast selection of effects, versatile amp modelling characteristics and full control over USB via BOSS Tone Studio. What's not to love?
100w switchable Combo packed with effects and tone control!
Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
Boss Katana 100/212 Key Features:
- Stage-ready 100-watt combo amp with two custom 12-inch speakers
- Switchable Power Control - 100w, 50w and 0.5w
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Three Cabinet Resonance types for fine-tuning the tone and feel
- Mic’d cabinet emulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs, with customizable tone via three Air Feel settings
- Channel and global parametric EQs for refined sound shaping
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Powerful Amp Modelling
Each Katana amp features five selectable amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic. Every character was fine-tuned by the BOSS engineering team to offer rock players a wide range of professional sounds.
Inspired by WAZA
Deriving its essence from the Waza amp, the Brown character delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing natural tone for acoustic-electric guitars. The idea here is to effectively have a world class Boss multi-effects unit, fully integrated into an amplifier in ways like never before.
55 Versatile BOSS Effects
With the powerful Tone Settings feature in the Katana 50, you can store amp and effects settings to recall perfectly tweaked setups instantly. To make use of the 55 effects slots, you can connect your Katana 50 to your Mac or PC via USB. Simply fire up the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software and you can mod your amp to your heart's content!
Via USB Connection, you can load 15 different effects in the amp at one time, and use up to three effects at once. This offers a great deal of versatility when it comes to finding your signature sound.
It’s also possible to connect optional footswitches and expression pedals for hands-free control.
Katana Software Update Version 3
A brand new, free downloadable update will be available for this amplifier from the 21st of December 2018.
- Three new effects types - including:
- Roland DC-30 - Analogue Chorus-Echo
- BOSS GE-10 - Graphic Equaliser
- BOSS-95E - Pedal Wah
- Assigning effect parameters to control knobs and pedals
- Recording with True Stereo effects
Boss Katana 100/212 Specifications:
Rated Power Output
- 100 W
Nominal Input Level
- INPUT: -10 dBu (1 M ohm)
- AUX IN: -10 dBu (20 k ohms)
- RETURN IN: -10 dBu (100 k ohm)
- 30 cm (12 inches) x 2
- POWER switch
- MASTER knob
- PRESENCE knob
- POWER CONTROL switch (STANDBY, 0.5 W, 50 W, 100 W)
- AMP TYPE knob (ACOUSTIC, CLEAN, CRUNCH, LEAD, BROWN)
- GAIN knob
- VOLUME knob
- BASS knob
- MIDDLE knob
- TREBLE knob
- BOOSTER/MOD button
- DELAY/FX button
- REVERB button
- TAP button
- BOOSTER/MOD knob
- DELAY/FX knob
- REVERB knob
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP PEDAL/CTL CH1/CH2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- GA-FC jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB port: USB B type
- AC IN jack
- Dimensions (Wx D x H): 670x 248 x 484mm
- Weight: 19.8 kg
- Owner's manual
- Power cord
- GA-FC sticker
|Effects||reverb, chorus, delay, eq, distortion plus more|
|Software Included||boss toneeditor|
|Woofer Size||2 x 12" woofer|
|Amp Type||solid-state amplifier|
September 17, 2018Read Article
October 29, 2009Read Article
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*