The Moog Matriarch has been unveiled. The new analogue semi-modular synthesizer packed with impressive features
It’s time to get excited people, as the Moog Matriarch has been announced and you can pre-order yours now! The Moog Matriarch is now available for pre order, hot on the heels of the success of the Grandmother.
This new patchable 4-note paraphonic analogue synthesizer features a world of awesome features including a built-in step sequencer, arpeggiator, stereo ladder filters, and stereo analogue delay making it a formidable live and studio performance machine.
The team at Moog have focused on creativity and imagination with this release allowing you to explore endless sonic possibilities through 90 modular patch points. You can also create rich harmonic shapes with up to 4 notes of paraphony and then sequence shift and store these sounds thanks to the intuitive 256 step sequencer. The Moog matriarch also lets you stack the analog VCOs to play on a massive 4 oscillator mono synth.
The Moog Matriarch has also been designed with a 100% analog signal path and can facilitate overdriven monophonic bass sounds to paraphonic plucks awash with infinite delay trails.
The Matriarch includes oscillators based on the highly popular Minimoog, a mixer based on the classic CP3 module, as well as filters based on the classic 904A module. Users will also enjoy the range of envelopes based on the classic 911 module, VCAs designed on the 902 module and an Analog Delay based on the MF-104M and 500 Series effects.
Key Features Include
- Mono, duo, and 4-note paraphonic playability
- Stereo analogue delay w/ up to 700ms of MIDI sync-able stereo or ping/pong style repeats
- 256 step sequencer w/ up to 4 notes per step and 12 stored patterns. Can be decoupled from
- Matriarch to independently sequence external gear
- Arpeggiator with selectable modes (Order, Forward/Backward, Random)
- Semi-modular analogue synthesizer - no patching required
- 90 modular patch points
- Expressive 49-note Fatar keyboard w/ patchable velocity and aftertouch
- 4 analogue oscillators w/ selectable waveshape and hard sync per-oscillator
- Full-range analogue LFO with 6 selectable waveshapes
- Dual analogue filters with parallel (HP/LP), stereo (LP/LP), and series (HP/LP) modes available
- Dual analogue ADSR envelopes
- Dual analogue VCAs
- 3x bipolar voltage controlled attenuators with ring mod capability
- 2x4 parallel wired unbuffered mults
- Additional simple analog LFO useful for adding modulation to delay, filters and VCAs.
- 1/4“ external audio input for processing guitars, drum machines, and more through Matriarch’s analog circuits
- Stereo ¼” and 3.5mm Eurorack level audio outputs
- Dimensions: 32” (81.28cm) Wide x 14 1/4” (36.19cm) Deep x 5 1/2” (13.97cm) High
Weight: 24lbs / 10.89kg