Roland Drums announce all new Roland TD-17 Series V Drums, featuring the flagship TD-50 sound quality and newly developed pads to deliver a more acoustic-feeling experience
The all new Roland TD-17KVX, TD-17KV, and TD-17K-L kits have been announced today, adding to the already impressive Roland V Drums line-up. These new more affordable V-drums kits [offer premium playability thanks to improved pads which are closer to playing acoustic drums, effectively mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination, and hand/foot control that drummers need to get the best sound and playing experience possible.
The Roland TD-17KVX and TD-17KV kits come with an all new PDX-12 snare pad, which features a dual mesh head and large 12-inch playing surface to offer better stick control and playing techniques that are usually only possible with acoustic kits.
Head tension can also be adjusted depending on your rebound preference and the height of the snare hoop can also be adjusted allowing for those rim shots.
The TD-17KVX also includes the new VH-10 V-Hi-Hat which is mounted onto an acoustic hi hat stand and replicates the natural feel and swinging motion of a real hi-hat cymbal. Advanced triggering, open/close detection and bow/edge sounds all help these new kits to be some of the most responsive electronic kits to date.
Each of the 3 kits also include the KD-10 kick pad that reduces noise and can be used with any standard single or dual kick pedal.
50 kits and intuitive kit mode
The Roland TD-17 module includes 50 ready-to-play kits suitable for any music style, plus a wide range of easy-to-use training functions that encourage skill development and make practice fun and productive.
In addition, players can improve their time with various Coach Mode exercises, use the warm-up menu to work through a daily exercise routine, and capture progress with the onboard recorder.
The Roland TD-17 series can also be paired to a smartphone via Bluetooth, which you can use to wirelessly stream audio to your kit. Stream songs and video lesson content through the module and play along. The TD-17 also integrates with Melodics for V-Drums, a Windows/Mac software application that offers a growing selection of free drum lessons to develop rhythm, timing, and muscle memory.
Here’s the highlights provided from Roland:
- Expressive and dynamic sound inherited from Prismatic Sound modeling technology of the TD-50
- High-speed response with wider dynamic range, high-resolution of tonal changes
- Authentic hi-hat sound with smooth open-to-closed pedal control, and bow/edge tonal detection
- Open and closed rim-shots detected for authentic snare technique
- Bluetooth audio for wirelessly streaming audio from your smartphone to the TD-17 module
- Coach functions support your daily exercise and warm-up routines
- Playback audio files from SD card
- Preset drum kits cover a wide range of music genres, with further sound customization possible
- Ambience control and variation, to emulate venues from small stages to large halls
- Import user samples, assign them to any pad and layer them with internal sounds for deeper customization and creating individual drum sounds
- Compatible with “Melodics for V-Drums” to improve your sense of time
- 2-trigger inputs for additional pads or pedals
- USB port for connecting to your computer for music production
The Roland TD-17 Tour is coming to 4 PMT Stores this summer! Find out more about the events & book your free tickets.
The just-released TD-17 series will be demonstrated at PMT Birmingham, PMT Nottingham, PMT Manchester and PMT Romford throughout May and June by John Pullan and Craig Blundell.