It's that time of the year when our in-house Synth nerds huddle around a screen and rub their hands in glee...say hello to the Novation Peak!
Novation Peak is an 8-voice, polyphonic analog synthesizer, but incorporates elements of their digital synth designs into a truly innovative, hybrid instrument. Novation's rich history of producing the most cutting-edge synths shines through in this portable powerhouse for studio or stage.
Featuring a resonant multi-mode analogue filter on each voice and three distortion points in an analogue signal chain, Peak generates a warm, rich sound with filthy, biting overdrive. The New Oxford Oscillators are the result of Chris Huggett's obsessive mission over the past decade to create a numerically-controlled oscillator that sounds entirely analogue yet gains the flexibility of the digital domain.
Peak also packs an intuitive Modulation System - designed around a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice too - the bread and butter of any classic analogue synth for hands-on sound design.
For anyone that has used Novation's array of Soft Synths, or Propellerhead's Subtractor, this synth offers the ease of use and straightforward functionality of these virtual synths with a dirty, analogue grit, in hardware format - finally. Of course, Peak will slot in nicely in an Ableton Live or DAW setup alongside Novation's Circuit or Launchpad.
- Innovative New Oxford Oscillators using two waveform generating techniques: NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables
- Pre-filter and post-filter distortion per voice, plus global distortion
- Polyphonic aftertouch and linear FM
- High-quality reverb, delay and chorus Effects, and onboard Arpeggiator
- Extensive modulation system, with 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments controlled on the front panel.
- Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs per voice, plus Animate buttons
- USB and MIDI I/O/Thru
- Dedicated Headphone and Stereo/Mono Outputs
- 2 x Footswitch Pedal inputs
- CV modulation input for integration with modular systems
- Compact desktop module design with optional die-cast aluminium stand for positioning (not included)
Of course - what kind of synth would this be without sleek wooden end plates? A really nice touch.
Novation have also made an angled desktop tilt stand available separately for £99 (RRP).
We've secured the first batch of UK stock on this smoking hot synth - expect a detailed guide, demo and more specifications to follow at the PMT Online Blog!
Sneak A Peak at PMT Stores!
You can get hands-on with the Novation Peak before anyone else in the UK at selected stores in May! Product specialist Mark Lowes will be in-store to show off the eight-voice polyphonic synthesiser and answer any of your questions.
Peak Tour Dates:
- Thursday 11th May, 9:30AM-6PM
- 136 Lawley Middleway, Birmingham, B4 7XX. View Store Details.
- Tuesday 23rd May, 9:30AM-6PM
- 67-73 New Botolph St, Norwich NR3 1DT. View Store Details.
- Tuesday 30th May, 9:30AM-6PM
- 27-29 Dean St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1PQ. View Store Details.