Martin guitars have been around for over 100 years and have been engineering instruments to the highest standard. The manufacture methods have been precise and made with heart, developing guitars into the instruments that are loved and sort after today.
1940's Style Influences
Here we have a B-Stock example of the famed Martin D-15M Acoustic. All solid Mahogany, this guitar takes a lot of influence from 1940's old-world blues and classic fingerpicking styles.
With the infamous dreadnought body profile, this style has been revered by guitarists all over the world. Using a high-end tonewood has been used to let the D-15M resonate freely and produce a full-bodied, vintage acoustic sound.
B-Stock Martin D-15M Acoustic key features:
- Crafted with high-quality materials
- Based on Martin models from the 1940s
- Solid Mahogany top with X-bracing
- Solid mahogany back and sides creates a balanced tone
- Solid mahogany neck with modified low oval profile for easy playability
- Multi-stripe rosette around the soundhole and faux tortoise pickguard
This particular D-15M Acoustic is one of our B-Stock models due to a small scuff on the guitar's neck (see above image for further details). No need to worry though, as this damage is purely superficial and doesn't affect the guitar's playability or tone in any way!
All Solid Mahogany Dreadnought Body
The D-15M is shaped to the dreadnought profile which comes from the 15 Series. The dreadnought shape is the perfectly balanced vessel to produce lashings of sustain with a warm tonal range.
The dreadnought body shape enhances the tones that this guitar delivers. Ideal for home practice and working in the studio.
The Martin D-15M features a full solid mahogany construction delivering a rich, dark mellow tone with flexibility and dynamic resonance which works perfectly for fingerstyle play and big chord strumming.
Martin has used X-bracing beneath the top which improves stability and ensures a strong playing feel throughout the guitar.
The back and sides are also built out of solid mahogany, matching the mahogany top and ensuring its rich, dark tone and ability to resonate throughout the entire dreadnought body.
This Acoustic features a solid mahogany neck with a modified low oval profile and a 20-fret East Indian Rosewood fingerboard. With a scale of 25.4", this neck feels comfortable and easy to play and easy to fret.
Vintage-Style Hardware and Finish
Martin has installed nickel open geared tuning machines with butterbean knobs to the headstock sending out a traditional and vintage vibe.
The bridge is constructed from solid East Indian rosewood and it has a solid fixture between the body and the strings which vibrate the string sustain throughout the body.
B-Stock Martin D-15M Acoustic Specs:
- Model: D-15M
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Rosette: Single Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: A-Frame ''X''
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: none
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: none
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Diamonds & Squares - Short Pattern
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Satin
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP4200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Solid Black Ebony
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 345 Hardshell
|Shipping Weight (kg)||5.000000|
|MPN||B STOCK D15M|
|Case Included||hard case|
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left-Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
|Body Material||mahogany body|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.