Ashdown Geezer Butler Head Of Doom Signature Bass Amp
Order before 3pm Mon-Fri for Next Day Delivery
Being a bassplayer, I'm always excited to see when Ashdown make any new major announcements. When this latest announcement was of a Geezer Butler (incidentally, a personal hero of mine) signature series amp head, well... I guess you could say I'm more than a little beside myself.
Geezer Butler, for those of you unaware of his legacy, had a significant hand in shaping the early British metal scene through his dark, occult-inspired lyrics and powerful, dynamic basslines, both of which helped catapult Black Sabbath to stardom and in-turn inspire countless other acts since.
Designed to Geezer Butler's Own Personal Specifications
Developed between Ashdown and Geezer Butler over the space of 3 years, and hand-built in the UK, the Head of Doom is for bassists who like to see classic, driven bass tones combined with a phenomenal amount of power. Based on Ashdown's flagship ABM range, the Head of Doom offers you a tried and tested tone, with rock-solid reliability.
As Powerful As You could Wish For
Featuring a devilish 666 Watts of RMS output, and two Neutrik speakon output sockets, the Head of Doom can easily supply you with enough power to perform at most venue sizes. As if that wasn't enough, there's also a Slave Input for you to chain multiple amp heads from one input source (Geezer himself chains three of these heads together, powering 12 bass cabs in his live shows!).
The Head of Doom also features a single instrument input socket that's linked to a passive/active selector switch, allowing you to adjust the amp to suit the output for passive or active basses as you wish.
Doom... and More Doom!
With a control labeled Doom you know that you're in for a fun time. This control knob allows you to increase/decrease the current to the amp's 12AX& pre-amp valve stage, resulting in a rich, harmonic bass distortion sound, and can be activated via footswitch.
And then there's even more Doom! Well, Sub-Harmonic Doom to be precise. The Sub-Harmonic generator squeezes an extra octave below your own signal, fleshing out any bassline you're playing. This level can be independently controlled via footswitch, giving you plenty of options to play around with mid-performance.
New to 2017
Ashdown's Hand of Doom amplifier head is brand new to 2017, so buy yours today and avoid the expected rush. If you have any queries regarding the availability of this product please contact our sales team directly. Don't forget: we have a range of Home Delivery options available to you, and this amp will also be eligible for home delivery!
- Geezer Butler signature series "Head of Doom" amplifier head
- Hand built in the UK
- Features dual VU visual monitoring
- Doom control increases current to 12AX7 pre-amp valve stage for more Doom!
- On-board 9-band EQ, footswitch activated
- Sub-Harmonic generator (!)
- Plenty of Output / Input connectivitity, including a dedicated slave input for chaining amps together
- Home delivery options available
- Power Output: 600watts RMS into 4 ohms.
- Power Requirement: 115 - 230 Volts
- Speaker Configuration: 2 x Neutrik Jack/Speakon outputs
- Frequency Response: -3dB an 17Hz and 22kHz
- High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohm / Input range: 50mV to 15V p-p
- Low Instrument Input: Impedance 10k ohms / Input range Input range 300mV to 30V p-p
- Line Input: Impedance 22k Ohms / Input level 0dBu nominal
- Line Output: Impedance 10K Ohms / Level 0dBu nominal
- DI Output: 600 Ohms balanced / Level -20dBu nominal With Ground Lift
- Tuner Output: Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
- Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohms
- EQ: 9-Band
- Effects Send: Impedance 22K Ohms / Level 0dBu nominal
- Pre-Amp Tubes: 1 x 12 AX7
- H x W x D (mm): 127 x 431 x 279
- Weight: 31lbs / 14kg
|Shipping Weight (kg)||14.000000|
|Power||666 Watts RMS|
|Amp Type||valve / tube amplifier|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.
- Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
- Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
- Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
- Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.