Keyboard players in the 80's had the right idea: why spend most of the gig hidden behind a couple of keyboard stands whilst the rest of the band takes centre-stage, when you could simply use a keytar and rock out like a guitarist in the spotlight?
Time to break out the hairspray and spandex
Unfortunately the keytar craze ended with the rise of the back-to-basics stylings of Grunge music, but now as more and more bands are making use of keys in a live setting, it's about time for the keytar to make a come back (at least, in my opinion). Introducing the brand new Vortex Wireless 2 from Alesis: a USB/MIDI Keytar controller!
Next-Generation Keytar Performance
Vortex Wireless 2 features improved ergonomics and better playability that the original Vortex Wireless, as well as a more robust chassis, and a completely updated control layout. This gig-ready keytar MIDI controller offers you comprehensive controller functionality, in a funky gloss-black finish.
Connect wirelessly to your PC/Mac and integrate easily with your favourite VST's and DAWs to wow your audience, whether it's in a studio or live on stage. Simply plug in the included USB dongle, boot up your software of choice, and you're ready to go!
Easy to Use
With the 37 velocity-sensitive keys (which feature after-touch technology), 8 RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive drum pads, and a row of 8 MIDI-assignable back-lit faders, all within easy read whilst you play, getting to grips with the Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 is as intuitive as you could wish for. Featuring easy-to-reach neck controls that allow you to tweak sounds, expand melodic ideas, and activate the sustain function, all while your right hand is free to play the keys, the sky is the limit with the sonic possibilities this controller presents you with.
Everything You Need In One Box
When you buy the Alesis Vortex 2, you get a comprehensive assortment of accessories and software packages to aid you in your journey to rock-stardom. These include a strap and cable harness, a premium bundle of VST plugins, Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3.0, Loom II, Vacuum Pro, Way Out Ware, and Xpand!2, everything you need to get you started!
Pro Tools | First Software Bundle And More!
Alesis have partnered up with Avid and now offer the world-renowned Pro Tools | First software bundle of virtual instruments with their keyboard controllers.
Along with the Pro Tools | First which gives you all the essential features of acclaimed industry standard Pro Tools, you now also get the Eleven Lite plugin with over 20 high-quality guitar, amp and effects models included.
There's also two great virtual instruments froM AIR Music Tech; the Mini Grand and 33 Tonewheel Organ.
This incredible software suite gives artists and producers a huge range of sounds to work with that'll enhance any project whether it's live performance or studio production.
Just buy any Alesis V Series, VI Series or Vortex Wireless 2 product and get all this premium set of software included at no extra charge.
Awesome Keytar MIDI Controller
Order this Keytar MIDI controller online today and make use of our fabulous free home-delivery service!
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with after-touch for compact size with complete melodic range
- Eight RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive trigger pads enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Eight back-lit faders for controlling volumes or other virtual instrument parameters
- Embedded MIDI-assignable tilt sensor performance control with on/off button
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and reversible pitch-bend wheel on neck
- MIDI-assignable touchstrip, zone, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- Included USB receiver creates a wireless connection to any Mac or PC, or most keyboards with USB host port
- Wired USB and MIDI jacks for use with any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Can be battery-powered for use with MIDI modules and hardware synths (4 AA batteries notincluded)
- Strap and cable harness included; standard guitar strap pegs on neck and body
- Easily edit MIDI-assigned controls with the included point-and-click Vortex Wireless 2 Editor application
- World-class production software package included: Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech, TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware, and Ableton Live Lite
- Vortex Wireless 2
- USB Wireless Receiver
- USB Cable
- Strap Cable Harness
- Software Download Cards
- User Guide
- Safety and Warranty Manual
- Keys: 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch 10-octave range available with Octave Up/Down buttons 2 assignable zones with assignable split point
- Pads: 8 velocity-sensitive pads, multi-colour back-lit, MIDI-assignable
- Sliders: 8 sliders, blue back-lit, MIDI-awwssignable 1 volume slider, MIDI-assignable
- Modulation: 1 touch-capacitive ribbon controller, MIDI-assignable 1 pitch bend wheel, MIDI-assignable 1 accelerometer (tilt sensor), MIDI-assignable
- Sustain: 1 sustain button
- Display: 7-segment 3-character monochromatic back-lit LCD Up/Down (+/-) increment/decrement buttons
- Wireless Transmission Transmitter: Vortex Wireless 2 (internal)
- Receiver: USB wireless receiver (included)
- Connectors: 1 USB Type-B port 1 5-pin MIDI output
- Power: Via USB port or 4 AA batteries
- Dimensions: (width x depth x height) 35.2" x 10.0" x 2.9" / 89.4 x 25.4 x 7.4 cm
- Weight: 6.5 lbs/2.9 kg
|Shipping Weight (kg)||3.670000|
|Software Included||Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3.0, Loom II, Vacuum Pro, Way Out Ware, Xpand!2|
|MPN||VORTEX WIRELESS 2|
|Number of Keys||37 keys|
We know you want to get your gear as quickly and as safely as possible, Next Working Day Delivery to UK Mainland Addresses, on all IN STOCK items, if ordered before 3pm. This will include a text or email on the day of delivery giving you an exact hour window of when your gear will be with you.Orders under £99: £4.99 Delivery Charge
Orders over £99: Free Next Day DPD Delivery (When Ordered before 3pm)
Weekend Delivery (Saturday-Sunday): £9.99 (When Ordered before 3pm Friday)
Heavy Items (over 40kg): £39.99 Pallet Service
Rather not wait in for the delivery? Don’t worry, we’ve got you…In Stock items can be ordered and paid for in-advance Online via our Click & Collect service. As long as if it's in stock at your chosen branch, you can collect the item within 2 hours*.
If you have bought something In-Store or Online and want to return it as unwanted, you have 30 days from when you receive the goods to contact our PMT experts either by phone or email to return your item.
We can offer you a refund if you return your item within 30 Days from purchase date and with 100% perfect packaging.
Please Note - We cannot accept unwanted returns on microphones, any in-ear earphones or monitors, and any other items that touch your mouth, nose or inner ear if you have removed the hygienic packaging.