The Zoom H4N Pro is almost like having an entire recording suite right in your pocket. A outstanding device built to an insanely high standard can record crystal clear 4-track audio recordings to be used for music, podcasting, movies, live performances and more.
Portable Multi-Track Audio Recording As You've Never Seen Before
All of you audiophiles out there should already be pretty well informed as to who zoom are, however if you are of the few who haven't then fear not, that's exactly what we're here for!
Zoom have established a very strong reputation for themselves as a company across multiple digital and analogue, audio/visual platforms. The H4N Pro is a seriously impressive, hand-held 4-track audio recorder which really can fit in the palm of your hand. It houses incredible quality X/Y multi directional microphones, amazingly clear preamps and an ultra-low noise floor. It's outstanding how even recording a piece of paper slowly burning can demonstrate to any non-audiophile what true quality really is.
Lets Talk About The On-board X/Y Microphones
The H4N Pro is loaded with twin onboard microphones which work together to create superbly well spaced stereo imaging in crystal clear, high definition audio. This makes the H4N Pro amazing with live music situations. A built in line out jack can send lag free audio directly to your camera. This saves tons of time syncing audio but most importantly it vastly (and we mean vastly) improves the audio quality of any situation it's used with. Of course you can also export WAV/MP3 recordings directly to your PC to edit later.
Truthfully there's very little this recorder can't do. If you're looking at a picture and wondering "Can it do this..." then chances are, yes it can.
Oh yes, the Zoom H4N PRO utilizes both +24v and +48v phantom power. This means almost any XLR microphone will work with this device. If you couple that with the option to overdub instruments, vocals and add top tier effects, what you get a micro recording studio to take with you everywhere. Have a friend who plays a mean bit of blues guitar? No problem, plug him up, record to a click track and export the clean recording to your DAW later for editing and production.
High-Performance Mic Preamps
The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as our acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
Built-in Stereo Recording
X/Y stereo recording covers a wide area while capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition. The angle of its two unidirectional condenser mics can easily be changed from 90 degrees for a tightly focused stereo image to 120 degrees for a wider image simply by twisting the mic capsules.
The H4n Pro provides an onboard MS decoder for Mid-Side recording with external microphones. This allows you to adjust the width of the stereo image, making it especially useful for sound design and broadcasting.
Inputs and Outputs
The two locking combo connectors accept either XLR or ¼" balanced/unbalanced phone cables, handling mic- and line-level signals as well as instrument-level signals. Phantom Power of +24 or +48 volts can be applied to both inputs. Plus, there’s a stereo 1/8” Mic jack for external audio sources, including lavalier microphones requiring 2.5 volts of plug-in power.
A stereo " Line/Phone Out, with dedicated volume control, allows for headphone monitoring or connection to your DSLR, while the built-in monophonic speaker allows for quick playback reference. In addition, a USB port enables fast file transfer, firmware updates, and use as a 2-in/2-out audio interface for computers.
Features at a Glance
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90 and 120
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*