The Vox VSS-1-FBK Modelling Electric Guitar is not only a fully competent electric guitar with jaw dropping good looks it’s also a fully functioning guitar synth that offers players a whole range of effects and instruments that can all be accessed easily from the guitar itself. This means that players can now switch seamlessly from a 12 string guitar to synth bass lead effortlessly and without disrupting play. That makes this guitar ideal for players looking to expand their sound live or within a studio environment.
Vox VSS-1-FBK Modeling Electric Guitar combines the electric guitar with true synth modelling to open new worlds of guitar playing.
The company that pioneered onboard electronics introduces a fresh new approach to the modern electric guitar. Equipped with the innovative AREOS-D system, this new line embodies a sleek, new cutting-edge design from VOX. Created to provide a wide range of sounds including electric guitar, acoustic guitar, synths and other stringed instruments, the VOX Starstream Type-1 is the ultimate product if you are seeking a new way of looking at what a guitar is and what it can do. Whether you are playing with a band, in the studio or practicing silently at night with headphones, the Starstream Type-1 offers exciting new possibilities. Incorporating the AREOS-D system, the Starstream Type-1 is the latest expression of VOX’s long-standing tradition of breaking through the boundaries of onboard guitar electronics, putting control over your sound at your fingertips.
Aside from providing convincingly realistic electric and acoustic guitar sounds, the Starstream Type-1 adds control of overdrive to electric models in a way that is user-friendly and modifiable in real time. The AREOS-D control system was specifically designed to allow you to easily and quickly change the amount of effect on a given model, turn that effect on or off and change an electric sound from clean to crunchy to full-out distorted while playing, without stopping to reset a parameter or needing to hook the guitar up to a computer and use software to modify the model before using it. Using highly developed DSP logic and fine tuning information from the string resulted in synth sounds that can be played more comfortably than on most guitar synths with less fear of glitches or missed notes.
- Exclusively developed AREOS-D system, uses the guitar’s magnetic pickups to create the electric guitar models for greater realism and accuracy. The sophisticated approach results in a highly accurate and articulate representation of the modeled instrument.
- Nine banks of instruments with three variations in each plus two user banks to store up to six favorites.
- Five banks with classic and modern electric single coil and humbucking sounds, plus three variations of electric 12-string.
- Two acoustic banks featuring six different guitars including small body, large body, 12-string and nylon string instruments.
- Banjo, sitar and resonator models make up the Other bank.
- The Special bank holds two synthesizer variations, Synth and Bass Synth and a Sustain mode that produces a distinctive organ-like effect (depth of the Sustain mode’s vibrato effect is controlled by the Tone control). For Synth, you can control both Decay and Attack parameters at once using the Tone knob. Using the Tone control, both Envelope and Resonance parameters are adjusted simultaneously for Bass Synth.
- Onboard Drive and Reverb (model dependent) control for real-time adjustments to gain or reverb depth.Depending on the model selected, either Drive or Reverb can be stored in a user bank, set to on or off.
- FX pushbutton with an LED for instantaneous on/off switching of Reverb or Drive effect, depending on model selected.
- Synth sounds track effortlessly and respond dynamically to touch, pick attack and vibrato.
- Simple, intuitive volume, tone and three-way model variation selector controls make changes quick and easy.
- 14” output for live performance or recording and 1/8” output for use with headphones for private listening and practice.
- 22 fret bolt-on hard maple neck with rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius.
- Sculpted mango body. 2 x XLM humbucking pickups. 2-point fulcrum vibrato. Sealed diecast tuning machines.
- Starstream Type-1 is available in five colour options.
|Number Of Strings||6 string|
|Right / Left Handed||right handed|
|Body Size||full size|
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*