Are you ready for the ultimate audiophile listening experience? Whether you're listening to your records at home, or recording & mastering your next masterpiece, the SRH1540 headphones are for you. The new Shure SRH1540 are premium closed-back headphones for audiophile listening and professional recording and mastering, and were recently named best On-Ear Headphones by What Hi-Fi? Best On-Ear Headphones in the £300+ range!
"100 per cent worthy of their price - and your attention" - What Hi-Fi?
Built for Extended Use
Building on over 90 years of audio experience, the SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones deliver world-class audio performance, comfort and durability to listeners of all kinds—professional engineers, musicians and audiophiles. Developed with premium materials and precision engineering, the SRH1540 utilises 40 mm neodymium drivers for an expansive soundstage with warm bass and extended highs.
With large earcups for extra comfort and sound performance, Shure were determined to ensure that they still manage to make a set of premium headphones that would be comfortable to wear even after extended use and so the SRH1540 headphones have been developed with aluminium allow and a carbon fibre construction to make them extremely lightweight for their size (weighing in at a surprisingly light 286g).
The earpads of the SRH1540s feature Alacantara - a suede-like material making these premium headphones even more comfortable to wear and they're filled with viscoelastic foam for the ultimate in luxury. The special design of the earpads means that they aid with sound isolation too so they're perfect for audio monitoring and enjoying music without distraction. A set of replacement pads are included in the box should you need to replace them at some point down the line.
Legendary Shure Quality
Shure are famous for their legendary commitment to quality and durability; in fact, one of the things Shure are most famous for is this ruggedness and sturdy construction of their equipment and the SRH1540 premium headphones are no exception to this rule. The lightweight frame features aircraft grade aluminium alloy for the yoke and the earcups are fitted with a carbon fibre cap for enhanced durability.
The oxygen free copper cable has been armoured with a Kevlar reinforced jacket to ensure that you get the highest quality while the cable receives even further durability. It's also detachable so in the unlikely event you need to replace it the job is easy; a replacement cable is even included in the box for further convenience.
The SRH1540 headphones also feature a driver frame with a vented centre pole piece to improve linearity and eliminate internal resonance so you can listen to audio at any volume or frequency without distortion or distraction.
Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones Features:
- 40 mm neodymium drivers deliver superior acoustic performance for an expansive soundstage with clear, extended highs and warm bass
- Closed-back design rests comfortably over the ears and reduces background noise
- Lightweight construction featuring aircraft-grade aluminium alloy yoke and carbon fibre cap for enhanced durability
- Steel driver frame with vented centre pole piece improves linearity and eliminates internal resonance for consistent performance at all listening levels
- Ergonomic dual-frame, padded headband is lightweight and fully adjustable for hours of listening comfort
- Oxygen-free copper cable (OFC) with Kevlar reinforced jacket for superior performance and durability
- Dual-exit cables with gold-plated MMCX connectors provide secure connection and detachability for easy storage or replacement
- Replaceable ear pads made with Alcantara and high density, slow recovery foam for exceptional comfort
- Additional cable, replacement ear pads and zippered travel case included for years of uninterrupted listening enjoyment
- Legendary Shure durability to withstand the rigors of everyday use
- Diaphragm developed with APTIV Film for improved linearity and lower THD (total harmonic distortion).
Shure SRH1540 Premium Closed-Back Headphones Specs:
- Transducer Type: dynamic, neodymium magnet
- Driver size: 40 mm
- Sensitivity : 99 dB SPL/mW
- Impedance: 46
- Max. input power: 1000 mW
- Frequency range: 5 Hz - 25 kHz
- Net weight (without cable): 286 g
- Cable length: 1.8 m
- Type of cable: Dual-exit, detachable oxygen-free copper
- Plug: Gold-plated 3.5 mm stereo mini jack
We constantly monitor our competitors' prices to ensure that we're the best. However if you do find it cheaper, you can request an instant price match during opening hours by completing the form below.
*Please note that Terms & Conditions apply to Price Match - Must be a UK-based seller with the item In Stock, and is not available in conjunction with Finance or other Offers*